GDT: May 10 • Slovenia 2, Czech Republic 4

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011
Slovenia deserves to win and stay in top division.

Denmark does not. Not Czech rep either for that matter.

Go Slovenia.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen

Go Slovenia.

:shakehead You do realise they have a system where they play games and after each game points are rewarded based on who won the game by scoring the most goals? At the end, the team with the least points (apart from Belarus) is relegated. That is how the IIHF decides who deserves to be relegated...:handclap:

Mar 11, 2013
QC
How bad have you and Slovakia become?

You are terrible and Slovakia just lost to Austria and lost to Latvia yesterday also.

You both deserve relegation now, heh.
Gold in 2010, bronze in 2011 and 2012. Sure we've been terrible so far this year, nearly losing to Denmark and being unable to score against Slovenia is unacceptable, but we don't deserve to get relegated. We're still a top hockey nation, and will be for a long time.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
How bad have you and Slovakia become?

You are terrible and Slovakia just lost to Austria and lost to Latvia yesterday also.

You both deserve relegation now, heh.

I think we have good players and really good team on paper. But I just don't get it. What is going on with them? It's not like we've really become that weak. This team just doesn't play as the potential is. And I really don't know why.

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011
Gold in 2010, bronze in 2011 and 2012. Sure we've been terrible so far this year, nearly losing to Denmark and being unable to score against Slovenia is unacceptable, but we don't deserve to get relegated. We're still a top hockey nation a will be for a long time.

Of course. That's why this is so weird. World champs one year, fighting at the bottom the next...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Go Slovenia.

I don't know where you got the idea that Denmark deserves to go down??
Both Denmark and Slovenia have played really well with the material they have available this world cup. Much better than 2012 where we had a much better roster on paper. OK Denmark doesn't score a lot this WC, but it has been the best defensive display possibly ever in a WC.
Denmark and Slovenia play for avoiding relegation and both do it extremely well. It's still very open.

So far this world cup we have surprises all over, every team has a victory (except Slovenia) that might get an upset today?!
In the other group a team with 2 victories can actually still be relegated - it's that tight.
"Who deserves it" is a totally subjective factor - is it the team that earns the most or the least money, are tallest, show most fighting spirit, make the nicest goals, or those with a hard childhood, or whatever anyone might think is "deserving"?

I can understand a team that cheats or really play to injure would be undeserving...but no one team here at the WC are even close to be at that level.

Remember you only play as well as the opposition allows you to. Then some teams can underestimate their opponents - but that is un-professionalism on the part of the stronger team. Like Russia losing to France, but all the more credit to France for not believing they have already lost even with being behind 0-1.

Point being I don't think anyone "deserved" to go down based on this years WC. I really like that it gets more and more equal between the nations!

theAK11

May 7, 2013
Let's be realistic: unfortunately Slovenia is not playing at the same level they played in Denmark in the Olympic qualifiers. Our 2nd and 3rd line are virtually nonexistent. Our defense is playing too aggressive and sometimes this leads to clear chances for opponents.

We would be extremely lucky not to get relegated and absolutely don't deserve playing in elite group next year.

P.S: we might have more chances with a solid goalie, this year's goaltending display has been absolutely atrocious: in my opinion it costed us at least one point against Belarus and Norway.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
I checked this thread, turned on the tv and literally 2 seconds later it's a Czech goal. I must be a good luck charm

Mar 11, 2013
QC
you know something is terribly wrong when michaleks getting goals
I checked this thread, turned on the tv and literally 2 seconds later it's a Czech goal. I must be a good luck charm
could you do this more often? perhaps against the upcoming game against canada?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Let's be realistic: unfortunately Slovenia is not playing at the same level they played in Denmark in the Olympic qualifiers. Our 2nd and 3rd line are virtually nonexistent. Our defense is playing too aggressive and sometimes this leads to clear chances for opponents.

We would be extremely lucky not to get relegated and absolutely don't deserve playing in elite group next year.

Also disagree with this......
The game Denmark-Slovenia was an anomaly for both teams this WC. It was so nervous for both squads you could almost hear their teeth rattling. Also a factor that Denmark plays way better this WC than in WC 2012 and the OQ. The Lauridsen brothers makes a huge difference as does Mikkel Bødker.
Actually I like that Slovenia is daring...OK it leads to chances to the other team, but it is very good for the fighting spirit that the team always feel it is in the match. Slovenia's first line is great - they bring the offense and the other lines defend until they are back on the ice.
Great coaching and team game plan for Slovenia both at OQ and this WC. - and Denmark-Slovenia has always been very very tight matches.

theAK11

May 7, 2013
Also disagree with this......
The game Denmark-Slovenia was an anomaly for both teams this WC. It was so nervous for both squads you could almost hear their teeth rattling.
Actually I like that Slovenia is daring...OK it leads to chances to the other team, but it is very good for the fighting spirit that the team always feel it is in the match. Slovenia's first line is great - they bring the offense and the other lines defend until they are back on the ice.
Great coaching and team game plan for Slovenia both at OQ and this WC. - and Denmark-Slovenia has always been very very tight matches.

I was so hyped for this WC after this February. You should understand this is a bit of a letdown. We were used to Kristan(goalie) bailing us out of trouble, but this year... Meh, we will probably be back in 2 years :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I was so hyped for this WC after this February. You should understand this is a bit of a letdown. We were used to Kristan(goalie) bailing us out of trouble, but this year... Meh, we will probably be back in 2 years :)

I can fully understand that, but keep playing like this and you will be back very fast!
Kristan has had a less good WC, so better luck next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad