Maxime Joyal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
He has been playing great in his rookie season with Quebec.....where do other QMJHL viewers see him going in the draft. It is a similar case as Houle. Being a backup last year and finally getting a shot this year.

2.50 GAA, 923 sv%, 32 shots allowed per game.
6`1 190

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
La-La-Laprise said:
6th-8th round
So same situation as Houle last year...lol...I think it would be a good risk to pick a goaltender like that. I love goaltenders that come out of nowhere and improve like crazy. NJ took a risk like that on Josh Disher.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
So same situation as Houle last year...lol...I think it would be a good risk to pick a goaltender like that. I love goaltenders that come out of nowhere and improve like crazy. NJ took a risk like that on Josh Disher.

Houle was small thats why he droped. Joyal will probably drop for 2 reasons. 1. Its his 2nd draft year. 2. Guys that come out of no-where can usually drop because not everyone is sold on him.

It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Joyal was a higher pick, but i dont think he will go that high, just my opinion.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think Joyal will go in the fifth round. I just think that there will be a team who has seen him enough that wants to take a flyer on him.

FREE DENTAL CARE

Mar 20, 2004
Maxime Joy(al) in Quebec

I have seen Joyal play 10+ times this year. While I'm not a goaltending expert, he looks to be really in charge and steady. He controls his rebounds well and seems to "recover" quickly when scored upon. He plays behind a young defensive group and therefore sees a lot of quality (dangerous) shots. Consistency is his strong point. He seldom lets in a questionable goal. I think Patrick Roy can be trusted when it comes to goalies and he got this guy for a steal from Lewiston (for Derek Baily) and then rather quickly got rid of Filliatreault after watching Joyal play for the first 10 games of the season. Scouts should keep there eye on Joyal. He is better than most think.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
FREE DENTAL CARE said:
I have seen Joyal play 10+ times this year. While I'm not a goaltending expert, he looks to be really in charge and steady. He controls his rebounds well and seems to "recover" quickly when scored upon. He plays behind a young defensive group and therefore sees a lot of quality (dangerous) shots. Consistency is his strong point. He seldom lets in a questionable goal. I think Patrick Roy can be trusted when it comes to goalies and he got this guy for a steal from Lewiston (for Derek Baily) and then rather quickly got rid of Filliatreault after watching Joyal play for the first 10 games of the season. Scouts should keep there eye on Joyal. He is better than most think.

Honestly, I trust Patrick a lot when it comes down to scouting goalies. I hope that the habs repair their Lacasse mistake they made last year by giving Joyal a contract or drafting him.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ax²+bx+c said:
Honestly, I trust Patrick a lot when it comes down to scouting goalies. I hope that the habs repair their Lacasse mistake they made last year by giving Joyal a contract or drafting him.
Well I seen Joyal three times and likes his stype, nothing fancy, makes the saves, doesn't get rattled. Joyal and Disher would give NJ unreal depth in nets. I would expect on of our goaltenders to develop into an NHL goaltender.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ax²+bx+c said:

Lacasse has more potential than Joyal. If someone asked me today to take 1 of the 2 id take Lacasse with NO hesitation.

Wait 5 years. These guys are 18 years old.

There is also a big difference in the caliber of team each plays on.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Roy is on the ice most practices working with the defense and goalies.

Roy was a great goalie, but he cant work miricles :) Just because Joyal is being coached by him doesnt mean he will turn into a substantially better goalie. He had Filiaterault and he is still the same kid he was 2 years ago, JF Bernard is a bust as well and Roy took him fairly high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad