Maxim Mayorov

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Turnbuckle provides interesting and insightful scouting reports. I respect his views. But I'll add a comment on this by way of answering Timlap's Moller vs. Mayorov question....

Anyway, the main reason I can't go into any more player details here is because I am helping out a team even as I write this.

Thanks for the detailed answer. In my case I know that I have no legit reason for liking Moller better than Mayorov, which is why I'm looking for more insight. Up until I've felt that I haven't had a good read on Mayorov at all (not even in terms of what others think). Now I'm starting to get a good sense.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Personally Timlap, I'd take Mayorov by some margin.
Anyway, the main reason I can't go into any more player details here is because I am helping out a team even as I write this.
Excellent posts in this thread Hiishawk! :handclap:

Although I think that based on the excerpts above, it has become increasingly clear that Mayorov *IS* a lead-footed floater. I'm sure the team you're working for appreciates your attempts to have him selected ahead of their pick. ;) :sarcasm:

(NB: I have never seen Mayorov, I have no personal opinion whatsoever on him. But I do think Hiishawk is the best poster on this board. :thumbu: )
:GWC:

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
I see that ISS has him ranked 8th, so he might not be that dark of a horse.

Maybe "ISS" can shed some light on him.

Edit: No pun intended.

We just finished doing a profile on him. It will be up on our website soon. Here's a sneak preview. Good skater, good puckhandler but he admittedly needs to shoot more. He's a strong kid with good balance and doesn't mind the physical play, in fact, he considers it a strength. He played in the Vyschaya League this year which is one level below the Elite League where Cherepanov played. His rights belong to Ak Bars Kazan, but they wanted him to play against better competition than he would have played against had he played for their Second Division team. So they loaned him to Leninogorsk and he played on their third line against mostly older players. During the last transfer window, Ak Bars Kazan moved him to Neftyanik Almetievsk so that he could get some playoff experience.

He played well at the junior A challenge and at the Five Nations in Most, though his production at the latter tournament was not good (one goal in four games).

We like his combination of size and skill and were looking forward to seeing him in Finland. It was a tough break for the kid because he could have helped improve his stock. It doesn't make much of a difference to us, because we like the kid, others might not have gotten the same chance to see him or seen him show his talents as he has when we've seen him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad