Recalled/Assigned: Max Szuber

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
The bar has been set....he better get at least 2 goals.

Hmmm...I seem to remember a photoshop effort....

Polish_20230504_144105168.jpg

SzuberStar!

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Just think if Szuber is the real deal...how many of the youth will actually be in the lineup next season?

3 for sure in Guenther/Cooley/Doan

Potential others: Geekie/Szuber/Raty/MavLam

Watching the influx of prospects is going to be exciting. That's why I'm thinking the 2025-26 season is going to be a really exciting one. Not only should we be adding Sim and But, these other prospects you've mentioned will have a year or more of professional experience too.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Without doing the math, I would think that means some higher priced FAs to cover the cap minimum.
Exactly.
So we might see some high priced Dmen getting onboard for a season or two.
Most likely some guys around 30+ who want to use the gig as a springboard at the deadline.

But i am really happy that Szuber will get a shot in the NHL. He deserves it :D
And even one of the biggest german sportsites (if not the biggest) reported on this.
But they still say that the franchise is in Glendale and not Tempe :laugh:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Watching the influx of prospects is going to be exciting. That's why I'm thinking the 2025-26 season is going to be a really exciting one. Not only should we be adding Sim and But, these other prospects you've mentioned will have a year or more of professional experience too.
I've got tempered enthusiasm, kids will have setbacks, they're still learing.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I've got tempered enthusiasm, kids will have setbacks, they're still learing.
I always try to remind myself of Rob Klinkhammer, while it's tough to come out and have an amazing stretch like he did it's even tougher to maintain it. Every player will have good stretches and bad slumps but IMO what separates the NHL'er from an AHL'er, is the ability to be consistent for long periods of times not just live off the adrenaline of a call up, change of scenery, etc.. An NHL'er has a certain floor they'll reach pretty much every time regardless of most circumstances. Doaner (OG) a good example, you could rely on his goal production as he was typically flirting with 25G each season and every now and then you'd even get a 30G season but no matter what you knew without a doubt you were getting at least 20+ goals. Every single year, so consitent you could pretty much bank on it. That consistency, that reliability, that's what makes a player NHL caliber to me.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I always try to remind myself of Rob Klinkhammer, while it's tough to come out and have an amazing stretch like he did it's even tougher to maintain it. Every player will have good stretches and bad slumps but IMO what separates the NHL'er from an AHL'er, is the ability to be consistent for long periods of times not just live off the adrenaline of a call up, change of scenery, etc.. An NHL'er has a certain floor they'll reach pretty much every time regardless of most circumstances. Doaner (OG) a good example, you could rely on his goal production as he was typically flirting with 25G each season and every now and then you'd even get a 30G season but no matter what you knew without a doubt you were getting at least 20+ goals. Every single year, so consitent you could pretty much bank on it. That consistency, that reliability, that's what makes a player NHL caliber to me.
Completely agree and it's the hardest thing to achieve.

Reactions: Jakey53

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Just think if Szuber is the real deal...how many of the youth will actually be in the lineup next season?

3 for sure in Guenther/Cooley/Doan

Potential others: Geekie/Szuber/Raty/MavLam
Guenther
Cooley
Doan
Szuber
Geekie
Celebrini

MavLam needs a year in the AHL...missed a lot of development the last 2 seasons

Without doing the math, I would think that means some higher priced FAs to cover the cap minimum.
For sure.

Durzi and Moser will get decent raises but the team will need 2 veteran D signed (or traded for) to help out the team and the CAP.

Reactions: MIGs Dog and Schemp

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Do we just offer a ton to Skjei and Pesce on short-term deals? Essentially steal Carolina's second pair and make it our top pair.

so 2024-2025:

Skjei Pesce
Moser Durzi
Valimaki Kesselring

Top in Tucson: Szuber Kolyachonok
Possible trade bait: Soderstrom
1 and 2 years away: Lamoureux, Duda, Simashev

2025-2026:

Skjei Pesce
Moser Durzi
Szuber Lamoureux
Duda

and 2026-2027:

Skjei Pesce
Moser Lamoureux
Simashev Durzi
Szuber/Duda (and possible 2024 1st rounder)

and 2027-2028 (new arena year):

Simashev Lamoureux
Moser Durzi
Szuber Duda (and possible 2024 1st rounder)

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Do we just offer a ton to Skjei and Pesce on short-term deals? Essentially steal Carolina's second pair and make it our top pair.

so 2024-2025:

Skjei Pesce
Moser Durzi
Valimaki Kesselring

Top in Tucson: Szuber Kolyachonok
Possible trade bait: Soderstrom
1 and 2 years away: Lamoureux, Duda, Simashev

2025-2026:

Skjei Pesce
Moser Durzi
Szuber Lamoureux
Duda

and 2026-2027:

Skjei Pesce
Moser Lamoureux
Simashev Durzi
Szuber/Duda (and possible 2024 1st rounder)

and 2027-2028 (new arena year):

Simashev Lamoureux
Moser Durzi
Szuber Duda (and possible 2024 1st rounder)
I think Skjei would be a massive add for this club on a longer contract. I'd pretty easily hand him a $7m/6y deal because I think he plays into his late 30s at a top 6 level (higher in the lineup in his earlier years, taking less minutes as the kids force their way into more).

Pesce I'd be thrilled to add, but I don't know that he'll provide the longevity in his game to keep him for 6 years. I'd probably go $7m/4y and see if he bites.

Szuber may start in Tucson next year and make his full time transition by December/January. My question with him is his ceiling, can he be consistent enough to m make it into our top 4. If so, we have a great shot of having a solid group here in a few years.

Simashev - Durzi
Skjei - Lamoureux
Szuber - Moser

That's 3 solid pairings if they all hit their mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad