Proposal: Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
You stole my idea? I have s feeling that patch + chucky vs OEL + domi will happen
OEL is a UFA after next season as is Patches. 2 rebuilding teams aren't acquiring old guys who are nearing the end of their contracts.

This deal never happens.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Why would the cash strapped Coyotes trade for the more expensive winger with less years of team control? How does that make any sense from an AZ POV? You have to think about the other team's needs when you make proposals.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
I really like Domi but I'll pass. A deal could work with these two as a base and its not as far off as some Habs fans think. But I don't see why Arizona would do this, Chuck is not locked up for long and he'd likely leave the first chance he gets.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You stole my idea? I have s feeling that patch + chucky vs OEL + domi will happen
this is even worse than the op. arizona would have a guy walk out in 2019 and 2020 and they could get a package that actually fills their needs

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Not too sure... he seems to really like warm weather. Whenever he gets the chance he flies to Florida. Source : Instagram
thats florida lol. everyone loves it there. arizona is basically a desert and has a team with no business being there. also he'd probably be looking for a big pay day when he becomes a free agent as he will be 26 years old. very young for a free agent

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
thats florida lol. everyone loves it there. arizona is basically a desert and has a team with no business being there. also he'd probably be looking for a big pay day when he becomes a free agent as he will be 26 years old. very young for a free agent

I know where Arizona and Florida are don't worry. Florida Panthers are losing shit loads of money too and they don't have any business there either... not many fans except for Montreal and Toronto games during the holidays.

As far as him wanting money, that's one thing. Actually getting it is something else. If he's worth it I don't see the problem in giving him what he's due. @4.9M for 3 years it's a bargain.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I know where Arizona and Florida are don't worry. Florida Panthers are losing **** loads of money too and they don't have any business there either... not many fans except for Montreal and Toronto games during the holidays.

As far as him wanting money, that's one thing. Actually getting it is something else. If he's worth it I don't see the problem in giving him what he's due. @4.9M for 3 years it's a bargain.
4.9 for 3 years isn't a bargain. a bargain would be like 3 million for 3 years or 2.5 million for 3 years. he's right in line with what he should be making. other than that everything else in your post is right

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Lateral? Galchenyuk has more goals this season than Domi has this season and last season combined.
Not comparing players as "lateral" but the move itself would be lateral for both teams. Agree, Galchenyuk has more points but he's a -25 this year on a team that is head and shoulders better than a terrible Arizona team. Lets see what his +/- would be with the 'Yotes. His potential is all but dead after 6 years in the league.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Not comparing players as "lateral" but the move itself would be lateral for both teams. Agree, Galchenyuk has more points but he's a -25 this year on a team that is head and shoulders better than a terrible Arizona team. Lets see what his +/- would be with the 'Yotes. His potential is all but dead after 6 years in the league.

He has been our best forward for a large portion of the season.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Lol +\- as a way of judging offensive players.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
4.9 for 3 years isn't a bargain. a bargain would be like 3 million for 3 years or 2.5 million for 3 years. he's right in line with what he should be making. other than that everything else in your post is right

I don't agree with your vision of his value. @ 4.9 it's the equivalent of 6.5% of the Cap (75M) and 6% at 81M (next year). The average salary for a 23 men roster is 3.5M at full Cap capacity. He is not a huge bargain, 2.5-3M is not a bargain it's robery... fire you're agent right away type of deal. He could easily have 5.5-6M on a long term deal.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don't agree with your vision of his value. @ 4.9 it's the equivalent of 6.5% of the Cap (75M) and 6% at 81M (next year). The average salary for a 23 men roster is 3.5M at full Cap capacity. He is not a huge bargain, 2.5-3M is not a bargain it's robery... fire you're agent right away type of deal. He could easily have 5.5-6M on a long term deal.
the percentage of cap has nothing to do with why i believe his contract isn't a bargain. i believe his contract isn't a bargain because i believe its a fair deal. he is taking less money to become a ufa quicker. if montreal wanted to sign him long term he's get 6 million at least

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
As a Coyotes fan I would hate it if this trade were to occur. Domi has a horrible shooting percentage, his value is incredibly low right now and will improve. Even with his poor production this season his production per game is very similar to Galch's. Domi also plays a more complete game, and because of his poor season he'll be cheap to resign on a 1 year prove it deal this summer.

I'm really surprised that Habs fans wouldn't take this deal and run.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
As a Coyotes fan I would hate it if this trade were to occur. Domi has a horrible shooting percentage, his value is incredibly low right now and will improve. Even with his poor production this season his production per game is very similar to Galch's. Domi also plays a more complete game, and because of his poor season he'll be cheap to resign on a 1 year prove it deal this summer.

Because our player is better?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Domi has 12 goals the past 2 years....it isn't just this year where he is down as well..why would Montreal want to give up a guy who scored 30 goals the past 2 years for that??

I don't get the love for Domi, I truly do not...he is not the player many thought he would become, it is becoming more evident every month.

Reactions: Canucks1096

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
How is Galch clearly the better player? Last season Domi had 38 pts in 59 games. Galch had 44 in 61 games. Similar production, with the player who is a little bit older producing a bit more. Also last season Galch was sent to the 4th line for being soft and a defensive liability. This season their assist totals are the same. The difference is goals where Domi is shooting at a ridiculously low 2.8%. Shooting percentages do not stay that low. Even if Domi's shooting percentage were to only go up to say 7% that would put him at 7-8 goals, which is not far off Galch's while also playing a more complete game.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Not this season.
Chucky .596 PPG
Domi .41 PPG
I'd be surprised if the Habs were dumb enough to accept this offer.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
How is Galch clearly the better player? Last season Domi had 38 pts in 59 games. Galch had 44 in 61 games. Similar production, with the player who is a little bit older producing a bit more. Also last season Galch was sent to the 4th line for being soft and a defensive liability. This season their assist totals are the same. The difference is goals where Domi is shooting at a ridiculously low 2.8%. Shooting percentages do not stay that low. Even if Domi's shooting percentage were to only go up to say 7% that would put him at 7-8 goals, which is not far off Galch's while also playing a more complete game.
Habs have trouble scoring goals and you want us to trade for a guy that can't seem to put the puck in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad