Mattias Norstrom forced to say no to Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Geez....my 2 favorite players out of the Olympics :cry:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sweden will be hurt by this. Great defensive player and a true warrior. Hope he gets rid of his concussion problems fast so he can get back to playing.

C-J...*

I would say that Norström is a more important player for Sweden, than both Lidström and Forsberg..

Just keeps getting worse & worse..

Dawit

Oct 13, 2005
Sealand
Heard that it was between R Sundin & N Wallin.
Dont know which one I wanted to come but lets just hope Sundin makes a good tournament.

C-J...*

Kim Johnsson, Marcus Ragnarsson, Niklas Kronwall (who´s -------> Pitkänen), Mattias Norström & Markus Näslund.

Probably Forsberg aswell.

Enough said.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Where can Sweden's updated roster be found?

I really feel sorry for Sweden and it's a shame that this is happening. I was really looking forward to watching the Tre Kronor (sp?) play..

SChan*

huge downfall for sweden. But we dont need to use ronnie sundin right? We could just roll on 6 d-men.

kingsfan25

Jul 25, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Too bad. He really wanted to compete this year. He was holding off his decision to the very last even with a cervical strain, a wired jaw and I think concussion issues related to the C-strain. Any guy who can take a slapshot to the mouth and get up ans skate to the bench is someone you want at the Olympics...too bad for Sweden.

He was apparentyly leaving it up to the Swedish management as to whether they wanted to wait a week and see if he healed or just replace him...I guess they made the decision.

larsmark

Aug 30, 2005
Örnsköldsvik
I was hoping that Kenny Jönsson would be benched in this tournament but since it's Sundin replacing Norström this really suck! This is the defencemen that I absolutely not wanted to miss the Olympics, crap! It should have been Niclas Wallin or Timander replacing, not Sundin.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Ovechkin_mvp said:
what happened, excactly?

Matty suffered a concussion on the 7th (I believe) in a game against the Minnesota Wild and has only been able to play a couple of periods since. He is still suffering from concussion-like symptoms.

This is not good.....SO......NOT......GOOD!

:shakehead

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
With all these defensemen dropping out, it makes the decision to ban Tallinder come back and hurt us even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad