Recalled/Assigned: Mattias Norlinder Called Up

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Norlinder's last chance. He's been junk his entire time with us and if he doesn't prove something this year, give him an apple and a roadmap.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Never say never, but in his case, given his level of play in the AHL, doubtful, at least for me.
My reasoning was, he will play with fire if promoted, put his best foot foreword. I am as dismayed as anyone else that he would go down and suck after that good training camp.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Norlinder has come to realize he doesn't have the ability to carve out an NHL career and is simply going through the motions in Laval.
I am actually surprised he came back to NA for this season.

My reasoning was, he will play with fire if promoted, put his best foot foreword. I am as dismayed as anyone else that he would go down and suck after that good training camp.
1G 1A and -15

Struble is a +4 on the same team.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Trudeau has more potential and I am sure a quick cup of coffee in the NHL would have made a huge difference to him. I have watched every Laval game and it's not my imagination, Norlinder with his play is closer to the ECHL than the NHL.

I am not a Houle fan but don't pass the buck to Houle on this one, Norlinder has arguably been Laval's worse D and it's not close. Ask the half dozen guys who watch Laval every game.
Agree with you Tyson. I have also watched at least 75% of their games and Norlinder has been brutal in Laval. Trudeau has some potential and puts in 100% every game. I think they want him to get game time, same for Maillaux, so they didn't want him siting in the pressbox, but I have him ahead of Lindstrom who is playing right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad