Matthews + Marner vs Barzal + Laine

Which pair?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
By "visually convincing" metrics that you yourself have invented, Matthews is quite a bit better than Laine in every aspect of the sport aside from a one time shot from the point or faceoff circle, because Matthews is usually carrying the puck to make the play as opposed to waiting for someone else to do all the dirty work... :)

and the blue line and the whole damn offensive zone

you don't watch laine

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
only voted to see result

for sure gonna take the rookie who's ppg and the 19 year old who's tied for the rocket with 43 goals

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Don't confuse the fact that Laine is currently "healthy and playing" with "equivalent or better" to Matthews.

Matthews being healthy doesn't not effect how many goals laine has scored and how he's scored them

also Barzal is the centre for laine in this case not Matthews being centered by Barzal

so his injury really has nothing to do with anything

and if you want to include his injury. id rather have the players who are actually playing instead of being injured all season

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I'd take Laine ahead of Matthews and Barzal ahead of Marner. Should we switch positions I wouldn't scratch my head with Laine vs Marner (gimme a 19 yo Rocket candidate any day), but I would be doing some homework with Matthews vs Barzal. Still enough to go with Laine and Barzal. Imaging which duo I'd want to see (playing in the same line) it would still be the same two. So this is Laine + Barzal all day as the poll suggests without much of a fight. Should be closed imo.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Marner's case it's not.

you sure? laine's first game against Toronto he got a hat trick

2nd game he got 2 goals

3rd game... not gonna lie. I never caught the game. don't think he scored tho
but 5 goals in 2 games alone says laine gets that puck in the net

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
By "visually convincing" metrics that you yourself have invented, Matthews is quite a bit better than Laine in every aspect of the sport aside from a one time shot from the point or faceoff circle, because Matthews is usually carrying the puck to make the play as opposed to waiting for someone else to do all the dirty work... :)

Have you seen Laine lately? If so, you would not be saying that. Matthews plays a different game. Centers are usually more involved in play than Wingers are in the defensive zone. But both backcheck. Both are similar as playmakers, though Laine is a better passer, an underrated part of his game. And Laine is better hitter. Shot wise he has no equals, Visually Laine is better, certainly lately with Matthews out, and him slowing to 5 goals in his last 10 games, Where Laine has scored. Laine has 12 goals in his last 10 games, and has 25 goals in his last 31 games. It's Laine in the 2nd half of the year all day long.

member 262271

you sure? laine's first game against Toronto he got a hat trick

2nd game he got 2 goals

3rd game... not gonna lie. I never caught the game. don't think he scored tho
but 5 goals in 2 games alone says laine gets that puck in the net
You use the first two games as an example and conveniently didn't see the game where it went poorly for Laine and jets in general? Sorry I just found that really funny, seems like you were trying to minimize the bad part. Regardless, Laine has been excellent against the leafs 2/3 games. Let's see what happens in 4! Btw, since you said it, I didn't realize Matthews had been injured ALL season. God I miss him.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Probably not, the Puck is usually in the back of the net when Laines on the ice.

Yup.

UnkemptComplicatedAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

Dec_12_2016_12_38_58.gif

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yup, how about the Hat Trick agaisnt your Leafs? I’m sure you got a gif for that hey?

That's what we need more in this thread. The look on Matthews face missing on a breakaway just after Laine won it in OT with his 3rd goal to beat the Leafs. No I think we will stay classy on that one. People remember well enough.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You use the first two games as an example and conveniently didn't see the game where it went poorly for Laine and jets in general? Sorry I just found that really funny, seems like you were trying to minimize the bad part. Regardless, Laine has been excellent against the leafs 2/3 games. Let's see what happens in 4! Btw, since you said it, I didn't realize Matthews had been injured ALL season. God I miss him.

I even called myself put on it and yet you're still nit picking it
I actually didn't watch the game or look at the stats because I was busy at the time, not that o have to explain myself why i didn't watch it

but i still mention how I'm pretty sure he was scoreless and you still have a problem with that

as I said still 5 goals out 3 games isn't bad
or i could've said 5 goals out of 3 games isn't bad
either ways the majority of his games he's played against Toronto have been scoring days

you're saying the same thing I already said what you trying to argue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->