Proposal: Matthews, Dermott, Campbell to NYR Lafrenière,Trouba,Georgiev, Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Ignoring the specifics of the trade... why do you keep starting trade proposal threads with the GDT tag, especially when there's already a dedicated trade thread?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
This is kinda unlikely obviously, but I’ve wondered if TD for Georgiev and Andersson would work?
Rangers could use some LD, have the extra goalie. Andersson sounds like he could use a change of scenery.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Laf is a fine player and he's going to work wonders for the Rangers. But I'm not trading a top 5 NHL player for the next 10 years who plays a premier position for a winger. The rest of the trade is just extra garbage. Trouba f***ing sucks and has an anchor contract. Georgiev is overrated as hell. He's a younger version of Petr Mrazek. All shine but once he gets exposed, his value is going to plummet. Andersson interests me personally because he's a good buy low option for a solid future 2nd/3rd line tweener. I would take him on the Leafs.

If the Leafs were to trade Matty to the Rags, they'd be paying up atleast Laf, Shesh, 1st and Zibby. Otherwise, it's a non starter. And yes, I do recognize that's a stupid amount to ask for. But you would be an absolute moron to trade a 23 year old Auston Matthews, so make it worth my while.

Reactions: CincoHolio and kb

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
Why because leaf fans would be reminded what it's like to have a great player with heart and passion!

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Why because leaf fans would be reminded what it's like to have a great player with heart and passion!
You realize that A) No one on your list from the Rangers has heart and passion - Matthews has it now in spades. And B) A lot of Ranger fans are putting Trouba in trades as a cap dump.

Please just stop.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
You realize that A) No one on your list from the Rangers has heart and passion - Matthews has it now in spades. And B) A lot of Ranger fans are putting Trouba in trades as a cap dump.

Please just stop.
Compare Mathews compete level to Clark, Gilmour, Sundin, Roberts Tucker etc...

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
No. Adding to the RD isn't going to be worth subtracting like that from the centre position. Can't see that goalie combination happening. That's also a world of difference between drafting a first overall and trading for it that I'd rather not explore either.

3headeddragon

Sep 27, 2017
Kitchener
TO NYR
Matthews
Dermott
Campbell

To Leafs
Lafreniere,
Trouba
Georgiev
Andersson

No.

You don't trade a talented #1 center for a winger that you now need to find a talented center to create for.

Just a merry-go-round here some days.

We finally have two elite centers, one on the upside and the other on the downside, and you want to trade the younger one for a really good prospect..... seems a bit grass is greener syndrome to me.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
TO NYR
Matthews
Dermott
Campbell

To Leafs
Lafreniere,
Trouba
Georgiev
Andersson
Stop making bad trades to put it nicely

None of the Rangers pieces have that.
I'm sure Matthews became a superstar centre and playoff performer without those things.

Compare Mathews compete level to Clark, Gilmour, Sundin, Roberts Tucker etc...
Compare all of those Rangers pieces compete to those players you mentioned.
Your thinking is how we end up with Colton Orr's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad