Value of: Matthew Tkachuk to Montreal

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Don't say "Habs don't have the pieces"

If the Habs said tomorrow they intend to draft Brady and they want to bring over his brother and start a new era in Montreal, what is the asking price from Calgary?

35th overall
38th overall
Max Pacioretty
Paul Byron
Nikita Scherbak
Charles Hudon
2019 1st

That's how I'll start the offer, let me know what you think Calgary would want.

p.s.

If you're going to respond with "it starts with the 3rd overall" that isn't a talking point.

If Montreal offered four 2nds, Drouin and the 2019 1st, Calgary would absolutely unequivocally accept the deal; so there are obviously points to begin and talk around.

Ideally Montreal wouldn't want to move Drouin, Gallagher, Domi, Mete, Juulsen or Danault --- rest of the team would probably be fair game.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Montreal would still have no center, even fewer trade chips to get one (after spending them for Matthew) and used their 3rd pick on another winger.

That's not very smart.

Reactions: Signature and 780il

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
M. Tkachuk - O'Reilly - Gallagher
B. Tkachuk - Stastny - Lehkonen
Domi - Danault - Hudon
Deslauriers - Shaw - Byron

This forward lineup would raise hell to many lol. I like it.

:habs
O'Reilly

:sabres
3rd OA pick 2018
Lindgren

M. Tkachuk

:flames
Drouin
Scherbak
38th OA pick 2018
66th OA pick 2018

13th OA pick 2018

:stars
Pacioretty

8th OA pick 2018 (B. Tkachuk)

:hawks
13th OA pick 2018
35th OA pick 2018
122nd OA pick 2018

Last edited:

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
M. Tkachuk - O'Reilly - Gallagher
B. Tkachuk - Stastny - Lehkonen
Domi - Danault - Hudon
Deslauriers - Shaw - Byron

This forward lineup would raise hell to many lol. I like it.

O'Reilly

:sabres
3rd OA pick 2018
Lindgren

M. Tkachuk

:flames
Drouin
Scherbak
35th OA pick 2018
66th OA pick 2018

13th OA pick 2018 (Veleno/Hayton)

:stars
Pacioretty

How the hell do you trade the 3rd OA to buffalo and still get Brady Tkachuk?

Reactions: Rockmorton

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
How the hell do you trade the 3rd OA to buffalo and still get Brady Tkachuk?
I edited my post haha. The 13th OA that Pacioretty gets in a trade is then flipped over to Chicago for 8th OA along with 35th + 122nd picks. I highly doubt Tkachuk goes before 8th, unless Arizona drafts him.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If you want Tkachuk you cant start with a list of 7 assets and say those cant be part of the deal.

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Buffalo is still going strong team building plus Canadiens with new players include Max Domi.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Because 7 for 1 -deals happen often.

Calgary has absolutely no reason to trade Tkachuk.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
As a neutral observer this isn't happening. Calgary says "Um. let me get back to you. Don't call us, we'll..."

Even with 3OA in play Calgary has no reason to do this.

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
Question for Flames fans:

I understand you don't want to trade Tkachuk, but if you woke up and the headline says Flames trade Tkachuk to the Canadiens for ........... what could be written that at least wouldn't make you call for Treliving's head. i.e. a trade you could live with.

It's established, the Flames don't WANT to trade him, but for fun what does the trade look like. Remember you're not actually trading him or advocating that you want him gone.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

If the Habs said tomorrow they intend to draft Brady and they want to bring over his brother and start a new era in Montreal, what is the asking price from Calgary?

35th overall
38th overall
Max Pacioretty
Paul Byron
Nikita Scherbak
Charles Hudon
2019 1st

p.s.

If you're going to respond with "it starts with the 3rd overall" that isn't a talking point.

If Montreal offered four 2nds, Drouin and the 2019 1st, Calgary would absolutely unequivocally accept the deal; so there are obviously points to begin and talk around.

Ideally Montreal wouldn't want to move Drouin, Gallagher, Domi, Mete, Juulsen or Danault --- rest of the team would probably be fair game.

Montreal don't have the assets to do a trade . Patches isn't getting you a young top player when he is a year away from UFA . The rest is a bunch of pocket change for a 20 dollar bill

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Question for Flames fans:

I understand you don't want to trade Tkachuk, but if you woke up and the headline says Flames trade Tkachuk to the Canadiens for ........... what could be written that at least wouldn't make you call for Treliving's head. i.e. a trade you could live with.

It's established, the Flames don't WANT to trade him, but for fun what does the trade look like. Remember you're not actually trading him or advocating that you want him gone.

3rd OA + Price 50 % retained then trade to another team that retains 50% of the 50% left so Price at 2.5 million . So it would be a 3 team trade with Montreal paying a team assets to retain 2.5 million a year on Prices contract

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
3rd OA + Price 50 % retained then trade to another team that retains 50% of the 50% left so Price at 2.5 million . So it would be a 3 team trade with Montreal paying a team assets to retain 2.5 million a year on Prices contract

This post seems to be in bad faith and the only thing off the table is the third as the OP wants to draft Tkachuk with it. Try again.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Flames accepts the trade if the payment is, Byron, McCarron, a second of your choice and Benn....

(Did I get all the usuall offered pieces??)

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...

35th overall
38th overall
Max Pacioretty
Paul Byron
Nikita Scherbak
Charles Hudon
2019 1st

p.s.

Just so you know, if you have to put 7 pieces together to try and match 1 players trade value, the team with the 1 player is very unlikely to accept your package.. Its essentially quality vs quantity.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Can't see the flames trading the good tkachuk tbh . It's more likely they trade for the younger unproven one. Can't see him being drafted with the third pick so .

Even if you give the flames four second round picks plus drouin I cant see them moving him. Hopefully they do tho cuz he is annoying as an oilers fan

I think the flames biggest need is a top line rw talent

Last edited:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If you want Tkachuk you cant start with a list of 7 assets and say those cant be part of the deal.

To be fair, he didn’t say that.

That said, it looks like his perception about Tkachuk’s value is way off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad