Matthew Tkachuk or Mitchell Marner?

Matthew Tkachuk or Mitchell Marner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Telling Leafs fans how well your boy is drawing penalties makes most of us snicker. Who for years drew the most penalties in the League? Do you know what other players are allowed to do to him now and not get called? Give it time. LOL

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Telling Leafs fans how well your boy is drawing penalties makes most of us snicker. Who for years drew the most penalties in the League? Do you know what other players are allowed to do to him now and not get called? Give it time. LOL

I love Kadri but he's diving/embellishment was just gross. yuck. If I was an NHL ref and a player embarrassed me (Kadri), I would never, ever call a penalty in their favour again.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Leafs fan here, and I’m somewhat ashamed to say I’d trade Marner for Tkachuk.

Being a huge Wendel Clark fan I love a big tough power fwd who’ll mix it up and drive to the net.
Those guys tend to make a bigger impact come playoff time over small waterbug perimeter pass-first forwards

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008

Being a huge Wendel Clark fan I love a big tough power fwd who’ll mix it up and drive to the net.
Those guys tend to make a bigger impact come playoff time over small waterbug perimeter pass-first forwards

Good point but, guys like Wendel tend to have a much shorter shelf-life because of the heavy game they play.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Good point but, guys like Wendel tend to have a much shorter shelf-life because of the heavy game they play.
The game has changed a lot... I really don't think Shelf life will be an issue for Chucky... (of course nobody can predict future or major injuries etc.) Plus he still has room to grow physically.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Talk about selling Marner short. No way I trade him after his rookie season, junior career and how he's been playing for the last 20 games.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Vision? Absolutely. Tkachuk far and away has the best vision on the Flames. They're even at worst.

Passing? Debatable but I don't mind giving Marner the edge. Tkachuk has just 1 less primary assist than Marner 5v5 since they entered the league and only 6 less assists total 5v5.

Wait, what?

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I notice you conveniently left out his playoff performance
You didn't follow mitch in junior did you? His playoff statlines are borderline historical.

Edit:

2.5 PPG in the playoffs

3.5 PPG in the memorial cup.
I'll keep Marner thanks

I'm also well aware as a knights fan that they played on the same line :)

Last edited:

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
What do you mean? These players are close, and the vote count confirms this.
No, because of the overwhelming amount of Leaf fans the vote is close. I would bet everything I own there is not a GM that would take Marner over Tkachuk. It is really not close but then again this is the same Leaf fanbase that had Marner better than Gaudreau so whatever, the numbers are obviously way off due to the size of the fanbase.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
No, because of the overwhelming amount of Leaf fans the vote is close. I would bet everything I own there is not a GM that would take Marner over Tkachuk. It is really not close but then again this is the same Leaf fanbase that had Marner better than Gaudreau so whatever, the numbers are obviously way off due to the size of the fanbase.

You must not own a lot cause that’s a shady bet.

Reactions: bionic

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown

Take off the goggles and watch both play, both are awesome and any team would be lucky to have either of them.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
You're very unbiased in your opinion Mr flamesjustwin. I bet it could be Marner vs Bennett and your still take Bennett, or versteeg, or stajan or ferland. Or any of the 8 #1 dmen on Calgary.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
You're very unbiased in your opinion Mr flamesjustwin. I bet it could be Marner vs Bennett and your still take Bennett, or versteeg, or stajan or ferland. Or any of the 8 #1 dmen on Calgary.
Obviously the GM comment is whack and of course some teams would benefit more from having either player.

But relax with the whole xxxxx #1Dmen on the Flames. 99% of Flames fans have never claimed we have 4 #1 Dmen... People have blown this statement out of proportion like crazy.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018

And flames fans touted they would have the best defence this year and that Sam Bennett is better than Brayden poin.... what’s your point? You can’t accuse homerism and bias when your name is flamesjustwin

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Tkachuk is a guy I could see having a 40G/50A season someday while playing a Mark Stone type two-way.
Marner I see topping out as a 30G / 50A forward and he'll never be exceptional defensively.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
Tkachuk is a guy I could see having a 40G/50A season someday while playing a Mark Stone type two-way.
Marner I see topping out as a 30G / 50A forward and he'll never be exceptional defensively.
From what I've seen from Marner he's pretty good defensively, especially after he's on a new line now. He's above average for only a 20 year old, there's no reason to think he can't improve even more later on in his career. Same with Tkachuk, both will get better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad