Matthew Tkachuk or Mitchell Marner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
You didn't follow mitch in junior did you? His playoff statlines are borderline historical.

Edit:

2.5 PPG in the playoffs

3.5 PPG in the memorial cup.
I'll keep Marner thanks

I'm also well aware as a knights fan that they played on the same line :)
I watched every Knight playoff game ... so I got a bit of a look at Tkachuk’s game in the playoffs too.
I agree Marner was godlike, but you’re asking me who I take right now? It’s Tkachuk

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I watched every Knight playoff game ... so I got a bit of a look at Tkachuk’s game in the playoffs too.
I agree Marner was godlike, but you’re asking me who I take right now? It’s Tkachuk
Don't base that argument on playoffs though. Thats all I'm saying. That's a terrible argument.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I was talking about Mitch being terrible in the playoffs, points be damned
A bunch of Leaf fans are deeming Marner to be the better player from last season with him having only 13 points more... Yet does not have the two way game as good as Tkachuk's.

Even if you were referring to Marner, I am referring to all those who look at just points in evaluating players.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Holy homer Batman. That's one of the best players in the game.

He already is one of the best players in the game. In dead tie with Gaudreau for Calgary's best player right now despite playing with less offensive linemates and getting less ice time.

A 40 goal 50 Assist Mark Stone would be the best player in the game, easily.

I agree, assuming this is after Crosby retires.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Its hard for me to believe there are Leaf fans who would trade Mitch for Tkachuk. Unbelievable IQ and explosiveness. Some nights he is the best player on the team.

Most nights Tkachuk is the best player on the team and that's with a teammate who's fighting for the Art Ross Trophy. There's never a shift that goes by in which he doesn't make something happen

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
I like Tkachuck but the vision on Marner and the way he drives his line and can control a game is uncanny. It's these abilities that put him over the top in this poll.

Reactions: Holymakinaw

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Its hard for me to believe there are Leaf fans who would trade Mitch for Tkachuk. Unbelievable IQ and explosiveness. Some nights he is the best player on the team.

There are only one or two who are INSANE and would do that. Marner's ceiling is simply much higher than Tkachuck's.

Marner should become a perennial 80-90 point player in the league and would already slot in on most team's top lines. He's elite and it shows almost every night when he single-handedly takes over games the way he does. Two 60+ seasons(he's on his way to 62 this year) at the age of 19 and 20 is evidence of that.

Tkachuck is a good, physical player who should definitely score more goals than Marner, but top out at 60-65 or so points a year.

Reactions: bionic

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
You're very unbiased in your opinion Mr flamesjustwin. I bet it could be Marner vs Bennett and your still take Bennett, or versteeg, or stajan or ferland. Or any of the 8 #1 dmen on Calgary.

No, Marner is obviously better than those players. The problem here is a lopsided fanbase difference combined with the fact HF posters think offence is everything and nothing else matters. Tkachuk brings almost as much offence as Marner and a whole lot more. He draws more penalties than any other player in the NHL, he is way more physical, he is better defensively, he can fight if needed, he is like a bull in a China shop, a true PF. When a poll like this is made and the answer is so obvious and yet the votes go the other way is why media hockey experts like Bob McKenzie ridicule this place in podcasts and the media.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
There are only one or two who are INSANE and would do that. Marner's ceiling is simply much higher than Tkachuck's.

Marner should become a perennial 80-90 point player in the league and would already slot in on most team's top lines. He's elite and it shows almost every night when he single-handedly takes over games the way he does. Two 60+ seasons(he's on his way to 62 this year) at the age of 19 and 20 is evidence of that.

Tkachuck is a good, physical player who should definitely score more goals than Marner, but top out at 60-65 or so points a year.

This is why nobody takes this place with any credibility. :laugh:

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This one’s Marner. This will be another Nylander vs Bennett comparison. Flames fans acting cocky right now. Yet in a couple years, they will erase this thread from their memories too.

Reactions: bionic

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
This is why nobody takes this place with any credibility. :laugh:

The fact that you laugh is what's really funny. How many players have gotten 60+ points their first two seasons in the league, in the salary cap era...or even all time?(I looked it up and It's a SMALL list).

Marner is looking like he's about to join that list. Actually the Leafs have THREE players who are about to join it. I don't think that's been done before.

So laugh if you like......but it's actually an pretty rare rare feat, and only a small group of the NHL's best have done it. And most of the ones who did it went on to score 80-90 points a season pretty regularly.

Yay. :)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This one’s Marner. This will be another Nylander vs Bennett comparison. Flames fans acting cocky right now. Yet in a couple years, they will erase this thread from their memories too.

Will be another Nylander or Mariner v Gaudreau thread. Or every other thread a Leaf is included but there’s no neutral option lol.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marner showing yet again that he's on a completely different level than Tkachuk.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Much more like Nylander vs Bennett, Flames fans would lose their minds if you dared to compare Bust Nylander to Dougie Gilmour 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad