Matt Moulson

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I've never personally seen him play, but I've heard many good things. However a lot of variance on these things. I've heard some people say that he's more of a finesse player who can take punishment and could be a top 6 forward, then I've heard that he's a solid two way player who's more likely to be third line winger who can contribute on the powerplay. I think that there seems to be a lot of mystery as to what type of NHL player Moulson is going to become. Either way it seems like a very solid signing and I have absolutely no idea why the Penguins just gave him up.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Pens didn't give him up. They lost his rights. After Aug 15th he became an UFA.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I've never personally seen him play, but I've heard many good things. However a lot of variance on these things. I've heard some people say that he's more of a finesse player who can take punishment and could be a top 6 forward, then I've heard that he's a solid two way player who's more likely to be third line winger who can contribute on the powerplay. I think that there seems to be a lot of mystery as to what type of NHL player Moulson is going to become. Either way it seems like a very solid signing and I have absolutely no idea why the Penguins just gave him up.
It's funny, I've seen some of those contrasting reports too, and I don't know where they are coming from. Was Moulson perhaps touted as a slender flashy offensive guy when he first came on the draft radar? I have no idea, I've only been paying attention to him the past two seasons via the small handful of Cornell games that have been on CSTV broadcasts here. But from that viewing, the more finesse-y descriptions seem off to me. He was a rock. Not huge, but he seemed to be strong and able to play in traffic and take punishment, even if not particularly agressive. I would have placed more confidence in his ability to play a solid 2-way game as an effective 3rd liner, and then his offensive progression upwards from there would be the thing to watch and wonder about. Others seem to put it the other way around, though. :dunno: Obviously the Cornell system plays into it, maybe that's fooling me a bit. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad