Matt Moulson (extremley underrated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I thought Matt Moulson in my opinion the most underrated prospect deserves his own thread. This is why i think he is underrated. He had 42 points in 34 games which is damn good. Well you think with those numbers he is small or just underrecognized. He is the later. He has decent size on him at 6'1 205. If that doesn't convince you take a look what HF wrote about him.

He’s a tremendously skilled player with hockey smarts to boot. Moulson’s also an excellent skater with very good speed. He’s blessed with great hands, and his passing ability is outstanding. He uses his 6’1"/205 frame quite well. He’s strong and tough to move off of the puck. In addition to his well-publicized offensive skills, Moulson is also a solid defensive player. He’s utilized in Cornell’s penalty-killing situations and has done very well in breaking up plays, particularly in odd-man rush situations.

I don't see one single negative comment or flaw about his game. He seams like the perfect prospect but gets no recognition. Why is this? :dunno:

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
A lot of college hockey players have scouting reports like that. Often, they don't have the overall talent, skill, or upside of higher picks. I don't know anything about Moulson, so I can't comment on whether he is a diamond in the rough. I just find in general that scouting reports on college players picked in later rounds tend to be very positive even though the player may not have NHL upside.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
golleafsgo_17 said:
I thought Matt Moulson in my opinion the most underrated prospect deserves his own thread. This is why i think he is underrated. He had 42 points in 34 games which is damn good. Well you think with those numbers he is small or just underrecognized. He is the later. He has decent size on him at 6'1 205. If that doesn't convince you take a look what HF wrote about him.

He’s a tremendously skilled player with hockey smarts to boot. Moulson’s also an excellent skater with very good speed. He’s blessed with great hands, and his passing ability is outstanding. He uses his 6’1"/205 frame quite well. He’s strong and tough to move off of the puck. In addition to his well-publicized offensive skills, Moulson is also a solid defensive player. He’s utilized in Cornell’s penalty-killing situations and has done very well in breaking up plays, particularly in odd-man rush situations.

I don't see one single negative comment or flaw about his game. He seams like the perfect prospect but gets no recognition. Why is this? :dunno:

He has done everything so far at the college level. Tons of college players have been better than Moulson at that level and have done nothing at the pro level. Wait until he proves something at the pro level before you start calling him the most underrated prospect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Moulson is very good. Forget the number of points they don't tell the full story. Cornell plays the left wing lock, are a great forechecking team that excells defensively and on special teams. But they lack fire power for the most part, so Moulson often has to carry the offensive load. Hopefully this year the team can get offense from other players like Bitz and Sawada cause without Moulson, Cornell will likely have a hard time scoring.

But I don't think I would say his skating is excellent, nor would I say his speed is very good. His skating is good and he has good speed but I don't think I would say it's one of his better aspects, but we'll likely see next year when Pitt signs him, assuming of course they sign him, which I can't see why they wouldn't. Very good prospect imo, although I am a Cornell fan.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Drake1588 said:
No to threadjack too badly... but as a fan of the team, what are your thoughts on his Cornell teammate, Sasha Pokulok?

Tough to really say since he missed a chunk of games and wasn't as good when he returned. He's big, skates well for a guy his size but imo he needs work on his mobility. He should see a lot of time next year and likely will run the PP now that Cook is gone. He isn't that physical but will take the body. Nice shot from the point and seems to have decent offensive skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->