Player Discussion Matt Hendricks

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Matt mentioned that he had a chance to talk to John Hynes from the Devils org over at the World championships (Matt specifically asked about Larsson) and Hynes talked about what kind of a player he was.

I find it interesting that Hendricks randomly asked about a specific player who the Oilers just happened to trade for a month later.

I noticed that too. Maybe Chia is actually talking to players for their opinions on potential acquisitions, unlike the patented MacTavish 'dart on chart' method. No one needs to be called before Nikitin gets that nice new contract!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I noticed that too. Maybe Chia is actually talking to players for their opinions on potential acquisitions, unlike the patented MacTavish 'dart on chart' method. No one needs to be called before Nikitin gets that nice new contract!

Thats my interpretation as well. It really does look as if Management was fishing for input from players that were respected in the room...players that they trusted.

There is no other way to explain why Hendricks would ask about a player like Larsson a month before the deal even happened.

There is no way thats a coincidence.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Definitely noticed it, particularly the Kassian interview. At 2:37 Tom mentions how he was a teammate with Hall in Windsor and Kassian kind of looks away from the camera - seemed somewhere between a facial tick and rolling his eyes. 20 seconds later he mentioned about now having the right group to be a team, the right fit in the dressing room. Didn't seem like it was idle chat, there seemed to be purpose to the comment.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone goes after Hall when we play the Devils, that would be a good indication of how well liked or not he was in the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad