Player Discussion Matt Grzelcyk

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
McCabe scored at 5:33 of the first period.

So Carlo's play comes 5 minutes into the game, not 10.

And blaming even that amount of time simply on Grzelcyk's play is ridiculous.
Fair enough, I had my times wrong. But I’m not wrong that on Gryz’ first two shifts he made a bad turnover and then couldn’t get puck out of zone due to losing physical battle resulting in extended zone time and pressure from Leafs. We’ve seen this with him before in PO’s — notably in G2 and in R1 (and done) last year.

Carlo was like most Bruins last night - quite poor. But he’s also been very good and very physical this series. Not something that is true of Gryz or he wouldn’t have been scratched for G3 and G4.

I may have been wrong in my times and specfics, but in general read I don't think was. Without a valid reason, putting Gryz in last night seemed a very strange move. Turned out to be quite a costly one as well IMO.

Reactions: bme44

Babajingo

Fair enough, I had my times wrong. But I’m not wrong that on Gryz’ first two shifts he made a bad turnover and then couldn’t get puck out of zone due to losing physical battle resulting in extended zone time and pressure from Leafs. We’ve seen this with him before in PO’s — notably in G2 and in R1 (and done) last year.

Carlo was like most Bruins last night - quite poor. But he’s also been very good and very physical this series. Not something that is true of Gryz or he wouldn’t have been scratched for G3 and G4.

I may have been wrong in my times and specfics, but in general read I don't think was. Without a valid reason, putting Gryz in last night seemed a very strange move. Turned out to be quite a costly one as well IMO.
The second clearing failure, kept the play in the zone for like another minute. until Carlo iced it. Giving a prime chance for Toronto. Offensive FO in Bs zone with a tired line.

Most of team sucked but that doesn't give Gryz a pass. He shouldn't have been in there, in the first place.

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA
The second clearing failure, kept the play in the zone for like another minute. until Carlo iced it. Giving a prime chance for Toronto. Offensive FO in Bs zone with a tired line.

Most of team sucked but that doesn't give Gryz a pass. He shouldn't have been in there, in the first place.
He was easily one of the best players all night up until that last shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad