Matt Foy you Say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
He's got some upside is BIG and cam play it tough. Last year was a learning year and while some will say a disappoiting one I'd say it was predictable. I envisionhim as a 20 to 30 goals potential

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Matt Foy was injured at the beginning of the year but after he came back, he had a solid year on a weak and depleated Houston Aeros team. He seems to do extremely well with Bouchard. I'd say he will be a top 6 forward if he continues to progress as well as he has.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Please, PLEASE, don't bring that up.

And it was Dupuis > Kovalchuk but the guy is annoying as hell even for us Wild fans.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Matt Foy was injured at the beginning of the year but after he came back, he had a solid year on a weak and depleated Houston Aeros team. He seems to do extremely well with Bouchard. I'd say he will be a top 6 forward if he continues to progress as well as he has.

He had mono... and it slowed down his progress even after he was back in the line up..

I don;t like him.... BUT he's gonna be an NHLer for sure

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
I would say that he should develope into a Mike Leclerc-type player with similar numbers. If that happens neither Matt or Minnesota will be disappointed. Needs to be paired with a good playmaker to be successful. Could Foy from Bouchard be a common occurence in the box scores in a couple years?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Probably...or Wallin...

O'Sullivan- Wallin- Gaborik
Dupuis- Bouchard- Foy (might not happen if Bouchard doesn't gain strength)
Veilleux- Koivu- Wanvig (shut down line)
Voloshenko (???)-Courchaine- Irmen

I'm nervous about Wanvig but we got solid forward depth with Cavosie, Sprunger, and Olvecky not even mentioned.

Also our enforcer is going to be Boogaard, so EAT IT :p

Boogaard is going to be a good enforcer, people haven't seen him develop...

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I only saw him play once ,when he was on the 67's. He was playing with Corey Locke. The game I saw they beat the Major's 10-1. Both Foy and Locke got 5 or 6 points. Haven't seen him play since but back then I thought he had really good potential. 2nd line player I'd say.

ErnestoGuevara

Jan 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
The problem with Foy....or at least the problem he had back in his 67's days (which wasn't too long ago) is his tendancy to take bad penalties, also when he disagrees with a certain call he sometimes talks a little too much. I remember one time where he completely lost it in the penalty box after he was assed an extra penalty after a fight...he slammed his helmet and hit the glass, he continued hitting the glass even after the play had resumed.. eventualy the ref had enough and kicked him out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->