Speculation: Matt Duchene Thread Part... Just get a trade done already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Duchene has to go, but starting the season like this isn't exactly going to make Sakic waiver on his asking price. Honestly, if he keeps playing like this I'd say keep him for a while unless a huge offer comes through. I still think, at this point, Duchene has the most value when teams (Carolina) can negotiate a contract with him next offseason

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
Nothing happens when you ask for too much. Sakic thinks he can build a whole team on one trade

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Any CBJ or COL fans hear anything about a 3 way trade from their local beat writers? It was (what seemed like jokingly) hinted at on Hockey Central when Kekalainen was on, and Pierre McGuire mentioned the prospect of a team possibly needing to make a trade a 3 way for it to work while on TSN 1200 this morning.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Any CBJ or COL fans hear anything about a 3 way trade from their local beat writers? It was (what seemed like jokingly) hinted at on Hockey Central when Kekalainen was on, and Pierre McGuire mentioned the prospect of a team possibly needing to make a trade a 3 way for it to work while on TSN 1200 this morning.

When was this?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

I'm guessing Montreal. They probably want him bad, but don't have the young defenseman Sakic wants after trading Sergy. Every other team heavily rumored (NSH, CBJ, CAR) have quality young defensemen.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
When was this?

When he was on a few days ago. I didn't take it too seriously because it was said in a more joking manner and not a matter of fact reporting sort of way, and Kekalainen sort of brushed it off. Hearing McGuire mention something similar this morning on TSN 1200 if even in passing makes it a bit more interesting.

(Asks about Duchene....Duchene talk ensues)
"So the story I heard the other day about a three way deal with CBJ and so and so and so and so isn't happening then...I guess....not before tonight?"
JK: "Not that I know of"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey-...ts-good-opportunity-prove-belong-among-elite/

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Duchene or not , Colorado would be really smart to try to acquire Galchenyuk. He needs to be in the right environment and Colorado seems like a good place for him. He already knows Andrighetto and Yakupov , they also have some chemistry from Junior. Wouldn't be surprised if in the right environment Galchenyuk becomes a 35g-30a kind of guy.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Pierre McGuire on TSN 1200

"I spoke to a management team, they definitely want to be a player. They have already made an offer, I just don't know what the offer is, but they already said it's substantial so I believe them. They're just trying to figure it out because it looks like it would have to involve another team. So there's lots of moving parts in the Matt Duchene front, but I also think at one point you're gonna see that he will be moved"

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/mcguire-winning-won-t-keep-duchene-in-colorado-1.882454

My prediction? COL/CBJ/OTT with Turris involved. Makes a lot of sense since CBJ wants a C and presumably either cannot or will not pay COLs price for Duchene. Ottawa basically trades Turris to CBJ for pieces that Sakic specifically wants for Duchene, and then adds more on top of that to meet Sakic's price. It's also a spot on Ottawa radio....so although he won't say the team he is referring to, maybe talking about it that way on Ottawa radio is a big hint that the management team he is talking about is Ottawa's.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That little humor aside is all I've seen.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Duchene or not , Colorado would be really smart to try to acquire Galchenyuk. He needs to be in the right environment and Colorado seems like a good place for him. He already knows Andrighetto and Yakupov , they also have some chemistry from Junior. Wouldn't be surprised if in the right environment Galchenyuk becomes a 35g-30a kind of guy.

I don't see it personally. If I'm Sakic, I don't want to move Duchene for such a big question mark unless there is a lot coming back with Galchenyuk. I don't think Galchenyuk has that much value or is that in demand league wide. Think about it logically, he's flamed out with two coaches, he has a pretty substantial cap hit if he isn't being used in a top 6 role, he's being put on the 4th line right now apparently, and he still hasn't been traded.....Don't you think the Canadiens would have moved him by now if other GMs were stepping up offering them a decent return? Or that he would have been moved prior to the Canadiens signing that extension?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

If we could get him for something close to what we paid for Ghetto or Yak, I'd be all over it. But, as it is, the Avs already have a glut of talented young forwards, and I don't really see a lot of reason to give up what Montreal would rightfully want for him. So, best chance for this to happen is probably July 1, 2020.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
hahaha people think he resigns in colorado. Unless management and coaches changes there is a 0% chance. I am confident he doesn't give a f*** about a hot start.

"I am going to publicly ask for a trade and then walk it back after 5 games because we scored a couple goals!"

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation

"I spoke to a management team, they definitely want to be a player. They have already made an offer, I just don't know what the offer is, but they already said it's substantial so I believe them. They're just trying to figure it out because it looks like it would have to involve another team. So there's lots of moving parts in the Matt Duchene front, but I also think at one point you're gonna see that he will be moved"

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/mcguire-winning-won-t-keep-duchene-in-colorado-1.882454

My prediction? COL/CBJ/OTT with Turris involved. Makes a lot of sense since CBJ wants a C and presumably either cannot or will not pay COLs price for Duchene. Ottawa basically trades Turris to CBJ for pieces that Sakic specifically wants for Duchene, and then adds more on top of that to meet Sakic's price. It's also a spot on Ottawa radio....so although he won't say the team he is referring to, maybe talking about it that way on Ottawa radio is a big hint that the management team he is talking about is Ottawa's.

I actually took away the same thing from his comments this morning. I listen to his bit every morning and the way he was saying it today, he seemed to be hinting to the Ottawa crowd that he was referring to the Sens, which in my opinion is usually quite unlike Pierre McGuire. He typically never tips his cap. I was quite surprised.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
hahaha people think he resigns in colorado. Unless management and coaches changes there is a 0% chance. I am confident he doesn't give a **** about a hot start.

"I am going to publicly ask for a trade and then walk it back after 5 games because we scored a couple goals!"
Also more likely that he actually gets closer to the asking with a hot start.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

It's definitely plausible. Probably very unlikely, but it does make sense and ideally, would give everybody what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->