Matt Corrente

NJD00

Jan 14, 2007
Can anyone who follows the OHL tell me how Corrente looked this season (pre-injury)? From his stats it appeared as though he was having a solid season with Saginaw and he looked great, for an 18-yr old, in training camp. Also, why was he traded?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
im not too sure why he was traded. he was raded from arguable the top contender in the OHL to one of the weakest, being Missisauga. Imo, this should help his development cuz he and Pietrangelo are the only 2 good defenceman on that team and should log a ******** of playing time. He is a solid dman, at both ends. Plays physical and throws huge hits as well as a canon from the point. He was one of those "tough as nails' type of guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I heard he was involved in some sort of off-ice incident. Anybdoy know if this is true and what took place??
Corrente with proper development will be a good one. The only knack I can see with his game is his decision making. He has a skill set that could be playing in the NHL at 18 and nearly did break through in camp.

skerbud

Feb 28, 2005
Corrente and torquato and three others were being investigated for an alledged sex incedent involving a 15 yr. old. girl.. I Know that three of the four alledged perps were traded.

http://www.wnem.com/Global/story.asp?S=5516958

Players Are: Scott Fletcher, Ryan McDonough, Matt Corrente, Zack Torquato, and Chris Chappell

Seems like Saginaw spirit cleaned house. I dont know if it is still under investigation or if there were any charges brought up. It seems like a deal must have been made some how. (just an opinion)

studley49

Oct 8, 2003
Flinton/Toronto, ON
Visit site
im not too sure why he was traded. he was raded from arguable the top contender in the OHL to one of the weakest, being Missisauga. Imo, this should help his development cuz he and Pietrangelo are the only 2 good defenceman on that team and should log a ******** of playing time. He is a solid dman, at both ends. Plays physical and throws huge hits as well as a canon from the point. He was one of those "tough as nails' type of guys.

So being 3rd in the conference is considering being a weak team? Also, leading the league in goals for is weak? Hmmm....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->