Matt Carle or Jack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
Who the ****'s Matt Carle? :sarcasm:

Just kidding, Johnson by a huge margin. I'm still a little puzzled that Burke selected Ryan over JJ, I think it will make him a laughing stock at one point - although Ryan's pretty good.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
I've seen a TON of both...

the difference btwn both isn't as large as you may think...

we'll see as their career play out.

Carle is special, he's not talked about a ton at HF..but ya'll we'll see.

I'd take Jack, but not by much, not by much at all.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Donnybrook said:
Which of these two young D-men has the most potetial, and which one would you want on your team. My choice would be Matt Carle but only because i've seen him more than Jack Johnson.

This is not even deserving of a post........Carle are you serious? there are 30 other dmen who are closer to jack johnson.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
if you aren't selected in the 1st round, you can't be a good prospect to many on this board...

matt carle is freaking great, was a better college player then ryan suter i can tell u that much. I'm not even a Denver fan at all, but give respect where it's due. Matt Carle is amazing.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Chrisd said:
if you aren't selected in the 1st round, you can't be a good prospect to many on this board...

matt carle is freaking great, was a better college player then ryan suter i can tell u that much. I'm not even a Denver fan at all, but give respect where it's due. Matt Carle is amazing.

I agree. Today, I take Matt Carle. He plays much smarter. In three years, I take Jack Johnson. His skills are unreal.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
The only time I've seen Johnson is at the WJC, and his shot and toughness impressed me. However, I've seen Carle in the NHL (one game, but still), and he has the potential to be a top defenseman and PP QB. That said, Carle's footspeed doesn't impress me.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
reidy said:
Johnson had 32 points as a freshman playing on a less gifted team than Carle did.

agreed, but then had much more ice time to accumulate those points. Johnson is a stud, but it's not a clear choice whatsoever

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
Donnybrook said:
Which of these two young D-men has the most potetial, and which one would you want on your team. My choice would be Matt Carle but only because i've seen him more than Jack Johnson.
Johnson by far.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
I think that it lies in the middle here: it's not as far apart as some posters are stating, but anyone who says it's real close has to either be a Sharks fan, a Pioneers fan, or a Johnson hater.

The Sharks have made wonderful selections that were off the board, but Carle simply doesn't have the same package that Johnson has.

EDIT - Okay kids, you all know what I meant by "package" so lets keep our minds out of the gutter. ;)

Grizzly Adams

May 28, 2002
San Jose
Pete Rock said:
I think that it lies in the middle here: it's not as far apart as some posters are stating, but anyone who says it's real close has to either be a Sharks fan, a Pioneers fan, or a Johnson hater.

The Sharks have made wonderful selections that were off the board, but Carle simply doesn't have the same package that Johnson has.

EDIT - Okay kids, you all know what I meant by "package" so lets keep our minds out of the gutter. ;)
Carle's package > Johnson's package

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Carle does not get enough attention 'cause he is a Sharks prospect and no one really cares, IMO

Johnson has more raw potential than Carle; Johnson is an elite defensive prospect like Dion Phaneuf, but the difference between Carle and Johnson isn't nearly as large as some of you are making it. Carle's potenial is only half a rung below Johnson's. Probably, Carle will mature faster than Johnson, but Johnson will eventually end up the better player.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Carle should score more, Johnson will hit people much harder. Should be close. Carle was among the nations leaders in points playing on the blue line. Carle is also much more reliable. JJ gets wild at times. He is young and most likely will be corrected. But it is not a super clear choice to the point where you are dumb for not choosing JJ. I would take JJ as if he pans out all the way. He will dominate at both ends of the ice. Carle will, if he pans out, be solid at both ends but i do not see dominating both ends.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Cardiac_Canes said:
And how many people really care about Canes prospects?

Good point, but Johnson did have much more hype surrounding him prior to the draft.

Transported Upstater

I'd take Johnson every day of the week and twice on game days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad