Waived: Matt Beleskey on waivers

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Ouch... It's got to feel bad knowing you are making thag much money and a team still is ok with sending you down to the minors.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I actually feel bad for Beleskey. Solid guy who does work hard but just isn't close to being worth that contract. Can't blame him for signing it though. Sucks to see him struggle so much

Reactions: StrBender

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Surprise..Surprise.. No team will be stupid enough to claim him. They will have big contract playing in ahl.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I actually feel bad for Beleskey. Solid guy who does work hard but just isn't close to being worth that contract. Can't blame him for signing it though. Sucks to see him struggle so much

This summer, he'll likely get bought out and be stuck making $1.2M per year for the next 4 years collecting the equivelent of NHL EI and you can stop feeling bad for him....

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Would anyone want him even at 50% retained?

Problem is he went from 37 points to 8 to 0. At 1.9 as a reclamation project... maybe. If my Isles had a bunch of injuries in the bottom 6 (already lost Kuli) then at half price you might get a really motivated individual. But why make that bet with another year left? Doesn't make sense. I'd pass.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I may be the minority among Ducks fans, but I'd love to have Bels back.. just not with that terribad contract Boston gave him. If you guys wanted to retain about 50% though......

Reactions: jrgom81

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Problem is he went from 37 points to 8 to 0. At 1.9 as a reclamation project... maybe. If my Isles had a bunch of injuries in the bottom 6 (already lost Kuli) then at half price you might get a really motivated individual. But why make that bet with another year left? Doesn't make sense. I'd pass.

He has 2 other years left. This guy is bought out material.

Reactions: Flukeshot

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
This summer, he'll likely get bought out and be stuck making $1.2M per year for the next 4 years collecting the equivelent of NHL EI and you can stop feeling bad for him....

I obviously don't feel bad about the money part. But this is a guy who wants nothing more than to help his team win. He will feel awful about this

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Great player for the Bruins in his first season with the team. Arguably the most consistent on the team that year. For some reason, his play just fell off which is strange for a player who showed effort and heart every shift in his first season with the Bruins.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Great player for the Bruins in his first season with the team. Arguably the most consistent on the team that year. For some reason, his play just fell off which is strange for a player who showed effort and heart every shift in his first season with the Bruins.

It's not like he stopped showing effort or heart, either. Still tried his best every shift.

For whatever reason he just lost it. Even though his contract wasn't good from day 1, he was really well-liked in his first year. One of the few bright spots despite missing the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. He just fell off a cliff. Sucks because he's a great guy, does a lot for charity around here too. Seemed really excited to be in Boston.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017

What injury did he sustain last year? Only 49 games played.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I remember him being one of my favorite Ducks players a few years ago, but now his scoring touch has completely evaporated. Even when his contract was up, I knew someone was going to try and pay him big time.

Even if the Ducks claimed him, I can't see him putting up points like when he was with Anaheim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad