Player Discussion Mats Zuccarello Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Holden for 3rd is not consider a tank situation @Go Away Staal, but it`s a start about the rebuild topic.
Maybe he is more important, but a power forward can return a nice haul, and we went out quick when Ryan Mc. acidently injured him in playoffs some years ago and Kreider was playing. :)

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Invisible inconsistent or whatever, its not a coincidence that this team went into the tank after he went down.

He is wayyyyyy more important to this team than Zuccarello is, but that doesn't make him untouchable.

Have you seen our injury record? Kreider was part of the team during start of the season, was he not part of the worst season opening ever?

It's pretty easy to cherrypick arguments. For example its fairly easy to make the argument that we'd have another run at the Stanley Cup Final had Zucc not taken a puck to the head.

This team went to the shitter because we are injury plagued, and lines have not clicked. Kreider is just as tradeable as anyone. Kreider has never hit his promised potential in the NYR, maybe another team thinks he will and will offer big for him.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I really hope Zucc is not traded. I really don't think other teams would be willing to pay enough to make me change my mind either.

The Rangers are expecting rapid improvement from this year--they are not committing to complete tear down and rebuild through the draft scenario. They are looking for young players (and high draft round picks) who can start producing in the near future. Zucc can help act as a bridge and provide leadership to a group of young players who will need that kind of glue to develop.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Zucc scored one goal in what, 22 games? Trade him please.

So, you're willing to deal from weakness and accept a discounted rate of return because Zucc is "only" leading the team in assists and is pretty much on pace to have a slightly below average year point wise? :banghead:

I don't want to trade him, but it's not hard to come up with a better reason to pull the trigger--if the price is right.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I really hope Zucc is not traded. I really don't think other teams would be willing to pay enough to make me change my mind either.

The Rangers are expecting rapid improvement from this year--they are not committing to complete tear down and rebuild through the draft scenario. They are looking for young players (and high draft round picks) who can start producing in the near future. Zucc can help act as a bridge and provide leadership to a group of young players who will need that kind of glue to develop.

So why is Gorton offering Zuccarello to other teams?

SnowFort

Mar 5, 2017
Zuccarello to be traded or not? Any news?
There’s some rumblings here and there, but nothing like the Nash or McDonagh rumors. I do think Gorton would trade Zuccarello if he got a satisfactory offer he really liked, but Zuccarello doesn’t seem to be his first priority at this point.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
So, you're willing to deal from weakness and accept a discounted rate of return because Zucc is "only" leading the team in assists and is pretty much on pace to have a slightly below average year point wise? :banghead:

I don't want to trade him, but it's not hard to come up with a better reason to pull the trigger--if the price is right.

Teams would overpay for his playmaking. He's worthless now in a rebuild. IMO, I am fine with trading anyone if it makes the team better in the long run. I don't care if it's Zucc, McD, Kreider, or f***ing Lundqvist.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I don't what's going on with him, but while his point totals are just slightly under his career average, he just doesn't look the same out there. Maybe we'll hear something after the season ends that he was playing hurt or something. If there are no takers, he's good to retain for veteran presence and his walk year is next year. Maybe he has a very robust year next season.

Reactions: trilobyte

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't what's going on with him, but while his point totals are just slightly under his career average, he just doesn't look the same out there. Maybe we'll hear something after the season ends that he was playing hurt or something. If there are no takers, he's good to retain for veteran presence and his walk year is next year. Maybe he has a very robust year next season.
Yes and if he is good next year, he seems like the type that would take a deal that totally flies in the face of self-interest. We know he loves it here and is himself beloved.

Reactions: Loff

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I'd like to see Zuccs still here. If some team wants him as their missing piece and the boss thinks it makes NYR better, that is fine but it doesn't change my hope he stays.

Reactions: Loff

Wal

Jan 20, 2011
Oslo, Norway
If you read the entire article; Zucca says that they want to keep him, but if the right offer comes he'll get traded.
So nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad