Mathieu carle

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
he is a very good offensive d-man, great vision, impressive first pass, but can not play a physical and is not very efficient in defensive plays.

I think Carle is in the top 6 d-man juniors

leafaholix*

Not to use the term "typical", but it's not surpising that he's a product of Quebec. Not many well rounded defencemen come out of Quebec, atleast not when they go through the QMJHL.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Not to use the term "typical", but it's not surpising that he's a product of Quebec. Not many well rounded defencemen come out of Quebec, atleast not when they go through the QMJHL.

With the transition in place right now in the nhl toward a much faster and offensive game. I think those comments are going to be of less value with each passing year.

In 10 years, there are going to be a lot more defensemen coming out from the Q in the NHL if it keeps the same path. For now, i'll agree however.

Faute

Jun 17, 2006

Not the best year to say such a thing, I'd wager.

leafaholix*

Vlasic,letang,bourdon ... Hmmm

the top scoring defencemen so far this season in the nhl who are from quebec are:

phil boucher - 7 points
patrick brisebois - 6 points
m-a bergeron - 5 points
stephane robidas - 5 points
vlasic - 2 points
beauchemin - 2 points
gauthier - 1 point

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site

Still, expect the Q Dmen to be developped at the professional level more than before. Guys like Bouillon and Robidas are now defensmen more helpfull then several other in the old <Tall and Big> format. Slow beefs aren't welcome in the NHL anymore. However, I don't think Carle is fitting the Bouillon/Robidas category... I heard speed wasn't one of his qualities.

henri2014

Jul 30, 2005
However, I don't think Carle is fitting the Bouillon/Robidas category... I heard speed wasn't one of his qualities.

Well from the reports ive seen he looks like a really good skating D.
He may not be the fastest but he is very agile with his skate.

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
I hope he never makes the NHL :sarcasm: Just imagine: two offensive D-men name Matt Carle. The confusion will be disastrous!
edit: I am well aware of the fact that his name is actually Mathieu

Bégin is the bestest*

Is doing pretty good in the q with 17-5-24-29-32 he his now on a 14pts game streak will he get a fair shot with team canada at the wjc / i just think he his not a favorite of hockey canada

team canada are racist, no one from Québec gets a fair shot, see what happened to Latendresse last year, he was the bestest player from Québec during the two games that Québec played vs Russia, then team canada benched him for the WJC. Québec needs to separate from canada, so our bestest players will get a fair shot on our national team.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
team canada are racist, no one from Québec gets a fair shot, see what happened to Latendresse last year, he was the bestest player from Québec during the two games that Québec played vs Russia, then team canada benched him for the WJC. Québec needs to separate from canada, so our bestest players will get a fair shot on our national team.
What race is Canada racist against? :)

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site

Latendresse just wasn't very good at the WJC. He had his chances, but others stepped up when they got theirs.

MaRk````

Jan 19, 2004
Sherbrooke

No doubt, he was the bestest player...

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

Wow...what an insult to French Canadians such as myself....he really does not speak for Quebecers.....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

As far as Mathieu Carle, he's much better defensively than he was last year, 1st for points, 4th for +/-.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Latendresse just wasn't very good at the WJC. He had his chances, but others stepped up when they got theirs.

While I agree Lats was totally lost on the ice, he didn't have as many occasions as Pouliot for example who sucked big time as well......Others were not as great and still got greater chances.....Sutter likes to get his message through, did it with Price, thought Lats was another one who deserved it......can't blame him too strongly though, result was there to prove he was right....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad