Player Discussion: Mathew Barzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If Tavares isn't here next year, Barzal's production will go down even without a slump, since he would be going against the top d-men of the opposing team.

Maybe on the road but not so much at home

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
EbErLE iS goInG tO RuIN BaRZaL!!!11!1!1!!!1!

Barzal and Eberle chemistry a positive in Islanders frustrating season

Off the ice, the pair has formed a bond. Despite Barzal being seven years younger than Eberle, the two have hit it off.

"We're not hanging out all day long, but he's one of my best friends on the team," Barzal said. "I have a really good relationship with him, I go to his house every once in a while and hang out. He's kind of a younger soul."

Reactions: SI90

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Off the ice, the pair has formed a bond. Despite Barzal being seven years younger than Eberle, the two have hit it off.

"We're not hanging out all day long, but he's one of my best friends on the team," Barzal said. "I have a really good relationship with him, I go to his house every once in a while and hang out. He's kind of a younger soul."

Reading between the lines. I mean, they aren’t hanging out all day, every day. I don’t see them as being very close; I’d be surprised if Barzal re-signs in ten years.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

If anything, this clearly shows that Tavares will not be resigning because his girlfriend is jealous that his former best friend Jordan Eberle has now become best friends with Mat Barzal.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Sucks that he won't get any playoff action to cap off an impressive rookie season... but Maty, could you please report to Toronto at the conclusion of your season, Hockey Canada would like to present to you a brand new fresh out of the wrapper Team Canada jersey. It's off to the World Hockey Championships we go. We've reserved a seat for you next to young Connor McDavid. Don't let us down now!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Maybe he can go to Bridgeport and lead them in the playoffs and that way he can get 2 Calders this year!!!

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
And JT said he was excited about the future with Barzal....

Wow, what a line: McDavid - Barzal - Tavares!

Truth be told, JT said he was excited about the future (not with Barzal, per se) ;).

Good for Barzal; always think the WCs are a useful experience for young players to develop their games.

Reactions: doublechili

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Barzal playing in the WC should be a good experience for him. JT was a mainstay on the team early in his career and it helped his game. Team Canada looks loaded.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Remember the discussion/concern about Barzal's lack of goal-scoring in the WHL last year? He has 22 goals now and is scoring goals at a slightly higher rate than he did in the WHL last year.

He actually has a great shot, just with a somewhat limited range. He has great ability to elevate the puck, and his backhand is among the best in the league. He might not be able to bomb from outside, but his skating allows him to get in position closer in.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
In all seriousness, Barzal was at 1.02 PPG before the Eberle comments and has dipped to 1.00 PPG after. Damn Eberle!

what a year from this Kid. I'm a grown man with real life responsibilities and I'll humbly admit when Barzal explodes for multiple points a game and just takes over in big moments my next day is juuuuust about sweeter. Can't explain it lol.......Anyway, hope he finishes up real strong against the raggies so he can leave the taste in our months for a few months because it's going to be brutal potentially for us Isles fans...

Reactions: SI90 and Lek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->