Waived: Mason Raymond (CAL) & Eric Nystrom (NSH) for buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Nystrom is a very serviceable player and would be good for a young team to bring in his tenacity. He is a perfect glue type player.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Nystrom is a very serviceable player and would be good for a young team to bring in his tenacity. He is a perfect glue type player.

Maybe when he left you, but he absolutely sucked last season for Nashville. He was brought in as some kind of checking\PK dynamo, and his lack of speed made him brutal on the penalty kill. My only regret is that it took so long for Lavy to realize it.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I'm really surprsied they would buy out Raymond. I figured he'd get another year with the new coach. I wish they could have bought out Smid, but he's injured.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Nystrom was a disaster and the only thing he seemed to do well was make off ice PR videos while he was hurt or get his face punched in on the ice.

Seemed like a nice guy, and he made good money from us. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Used to like Nytröm in Dallas but then Nashville randomly overpaid for the guy. Don't think he was ever worth that contract even when he was still good.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I'm really surprsied they would buy out Raymond. I figured he'd get another year with the new coach. I wish they could have bought out Smid, but he's injured.

Raymond has been given enough chances. Basically two full seasons of being benched demoted and still no positive outcomes. Good riddance.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Canucks should jump all over this.

67527605.jpg

Group Chat Legend*

Random question but where is there a waiver wire thread??

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
I wonder if Raymond will sign with another Canadian team. Up to now, he played for three of them (Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary)

member 157595

Kinda like the Leafs and the contract they gave to Bernier, Gardiner, etc. Just awful players.

Sorry, either you're baiting or you've never watched a shift of Gardiner in your life. He's a legit 2nd-pairing defenseman. He's not great but he was very good this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad