Martin vagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Some talk that the Stars with the Nickerson signing may let vagner walk and take the 56th pick. Those who have seen him what would you do? The Stars need a big two way defenseman but with the 20 and 34 and 56th they would have a chance to get someone better maybe

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Like i said in the other forum, id take the 56th pick.

Vagner would want rd 1, because he was drafted in rd 1, wouldnt surprise me if Dallas low balled him in the hopes he'd sign.

I dont think Vagner isnt good or anything, i just dont think he's as good as some people think.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Personally, I like Vagner a lot. He's intelligent, smooth and strong positionally....when he's on. He's had serious bouts with inconsistency, which have put him in coach Benoit Groulx's doghouse the last two years. I really think he would have benefitted from a trade, because as amazing a coach as Groulx is, he doesn't like Vagner much it seems.

In this year's draft, I'd sign Vagner instead of taking the 56th overall pick. I still think Vagner could become a solid #4 defenceman, but he'd need a good first year in the AHL for sure. You aren't going to get a defenceman with more upside at 56 this year than Vagner, not close.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Starsdude said:
Some talk that the Stars with the Nickerson signing may let vagner walk and take the 56th pick. Those who have seen him what would you do? The Stars need a big two way defenseman but with the 20 and 34 and 56th they would have a chance to get someone better maybe

Never understood why Dallas picked him that early. I'd take the 56th pick and run.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
kremlin said:
Well, he was ranked even higher in the final CSS rankings

That's true.

I watched him a bit live and a bit on TV. He just never impressed me much. But I didn't/don't like Anthony Stewart or Robbie Schremp so take the comment with a grain of salt. Although Stewarts starting to change my mind(mostly due to WJC) .

Nikk

Mar 9, 2004
The Olympiques being my favorite team I've been watching Vagner for the last two years. Like someone said he's not consistent and one big downfall is that he gets hurt a lot. I'm sure if he would have played more on a regular basis he would have been much better because he's a really good player but gets hurt very easily.

leafaholix*

I wanted the Leafs to take him in 2002... but it seems that he's made absolutely no improvement in his game.

Not sure what happened.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leafaholix said:
I wanted the Leafs to take him in 2002... but it seems that he's made absolutely no improvement in his game.

Not sure what happened.

He was overrated. That is what happened.

He would have been a solid 2nd or 3rd rd pick, but being 1 st rounder put too much pressure on him i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->