Confirmed with Link: Martin St. Louis Back for 3 More Seasons (Club Exercised Option)

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
It seems that he doesn't want one. He is comfortable with his actual staff. Who's better placed to judge the value of his assistants ? Us or him ?

It's a development approach (and a first principle one IMO).

I could see someone like Tourigny joining the team down the line.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, this was kind of necessary. As a management team, you can't stress development to your coach and then leave him hanging on a dwindling contract term.

I see this not only as a validation by management of what they think of msl's work to date, but it's also a building of trust and security to ensure everyone is pulling in the same direction.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I have no issues with giving Marty all the rope he needs. He will come to work with one thing foremost in his mind.
Kent Hughes touched upon it and his career is witness to it. "What can I do to make myself a better Coach"
Marty even mentioned it last season there will come a time when the same mistakes will not be tolerated.
I think that starts as early as next season and it should start with the veterans.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Kent Hughes touched upon it and his career is witness to it. "What can I do to make myself a better Coach"

Pro tip Marty - Don't pull your goalie with 6 mins left to play

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pro tip Marty - Don't pull your goalie with 6 mins left to play
Dallas did it to us and damn near came back. Mind you they had a team that knew how to keep possession. :laugh:
I found 6 minutes with an empty net and our inability to score while giving up two is exactly the type of team we have.
Nowhere near good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Watching Florida play such beautiful hockey makes me curious how Marty's style would do come playoff time when systems and structure are so important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad