martin prusek or miikka kiprusoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueliner

Tough Building
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
i realize that whilst neither of these guys are textbook 'prospects' they're both still in the throes of establishing themselves, and are potentially intriguing candidates to think about...

kipper wound up as all but a cast-off off after flubbing his chances with the sharks last season but has raised his stock in a huge way in calgary, much to the displeasure of roman turek...prusek has impressed as the #2 guy behind lalime who's looking shakier and shakier in the #1 role, and at times been an achilles heel of sorts on an otherwise very strong sens squad...

prusek's situation is a little more complicated with emery on the horizon, but kipper/prusek are effectively the same age, and are both sporting very respectable numbers to say the least...so very simply, could those who have seen enough of either comment on thier long-term viability as NHL starters...if not with thier current teams, then in general?

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
At this point Kiprusoff looks like he's well on the way to establishing himself as a #1 goaltender. With none of our goaltending prospects on the horizon at this point Calgary will likely use Kipper as the #1 for the next couple of years.

BingoSensFan

Jan 31, 2004
I'm going to say that Prusek is at least ten times better than Patrick Lalime and will go on to be an NHL starter and a damn good one at that. He is immensely underrated, IMO.

windowlicker

Jun 17, 2003
Murky Wisconsin
Visit site
Marko will be back in the AHL in about 2 years (This goes along with the "Every dog has his day" rule that applies to alot of 2nd string goalies who catch fire for a little while).

Prusek will be a #1 in this league.

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
windowlicker said:
Marko will be back in the AHL in about 2 years (This goes along with the "Every dog has his day" rule that applies to alot of 2nd string goalies who catch fire for a little while).

While Prusek may very well be a #1 in this league, the Kiprusoff statement is ludicrous.

Kiprusoff has shown more than Prusek has at this point. The guy's 14-3-2 with a 941 sv % and a 1.45 G.A.A. Granted, Twenty games is a small sample space, but really... Honestly, what is it that leads you to believe that Kiprusoff has just "caught fire" and will be back to the AHL in 2 years (He hasn't spent a significant amount of time in the minors for 3 years...)... I'm curious for your justification for that claim?

BTW its MIIKKA not Marko. :eek:

Last edited:

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
windowlicker said:

Interesting stuff!

Prusek age 28 11-4-1 1.85 GAA .927
Kiprusoff age 27 14-3-2 1.46 GAA .941

Prusek= #1 goalie, Kiprusoff = AHLER

can I assume then that Kiprusoff's better stats are a tribute to the Calgary Flames superiority over the Ottawa Senators? ;-)

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
windowlicker said:

I havent seen anything to justify the value you seem to accord to Prusek.

at leas 30% of the goals given by prusek are weak goals and he usualy face weaker team to...

I may be off track, but that's what I saw...

BJ21

YellHockey*

BlackJack21 said:
I havent seen anything to justify the value you seem to accord to Prusek.

at leas 30% of the goals given by prusek are weak goals and he usualy face weaker team to...

You're incorrect on both counts. Prusek has played a similiar level of competition that Lalime has so far this year.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
BigDaddyMeatWhistle said:
You're incorrect on both counts. Prusek has played a similiar level of competition that Lalime has so far this year.

List the teams Prusek has played this year. Most likely they are weaker teams, hence the backup was played.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
looooob said:
Interesting stuff!

Prusek age 28 11-4-1 1.85 GAA .927
Kiprusoff age 27 14-3-2 1.46 GAA .941

Prusek= #1 goalie, Kiprusoff = AHLER

can I assume then that Kiprusoff's better stats are a tribute to the Calgary Flames superiority over the Ottawa Senators? ;-)

:yo: :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad