Injury Report: Martin on IR

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

So will Ryan be demoted, or might there be a trade coming?

I'd think Sorensen would be sent back down to activate Martin. They'll need to keep Ryan up to play in Dillon's absence. Maybe after that Ryan gets sent back down until a trade happens.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Yeah, I have a nasty feeling they're going to send Ryan down. But I think Doug is probably trying hard to make a trade so he can get Ryan back up sooner than later. Ryan has nothing left to learn in the AHL, and I think the org knows he belongs in the NHL for good.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Heed is still on IR, no? They could just send down Sorenson and make Demelo the 7th when Dillon comes back, for now.

Yes, Heed's still on IR. They pretty much have to send down someone like Sorensen, Labanc, O'Regan, or Meier (all waiver exempt guys) to activate Martin with Dillon suspended. Next game should probably look like Vlasic-Braun, Ryan/Martin-Burns, Martin/Ryan-DeMelo. With the Barracuda home for this next little bit before the weekend, they can probably just roll six d-men for tomorrow and call up someone like Roy or Middleton if an emergency dictates.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yes, Heed's still on IR. They pretty much have to send down someone like Sorensen, Labanc, O'Regan, or Meier (all waiver exempt guys) to activate Martin with Dillon suspended. Next game should probably look like Vlasic-Braun, Ryan/Martin-Burns, Martin/Ryan-DeMelo. With the Barracuda home for this next little bit before the weekend, they can probably just roll six d-men for tomorrow and call up someone like Roy or Middleton if an emergency dictates.

Gonna be either Labanc or Sorensen. With O'Regan playing well waiving Carpenter could also become a possibility. Don't think that's an option for tomorrow though.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
Martin is going to slide back in beside Burns and should be given a solid number of games there to:

A - see if having Martin as a safety net leads to improved offense from Burns
B - showcase Martin for a trade

I think the smart play is to keep Ryan and Heed. Demelo doesn't have top 4 trade value, whereas Martin does so that is the trade to be made unless Martin helps spark Burns, which would likely be more valuable.

As for Martin being ready, I think he could have played earlier but ankles are tricky and the more rest the better so there was no point rushing him back when Ryan, Heed and DeMelo were filling in fine and they were winning games.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I haven't been keeping up with our prospects but what's going on with Roy? I thought he was highly touted when we drafted him and we're playing him on the third paring. Has the knee injury made his play suffer that much?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I haven't been keeping up with our prospects but what's going on with Roy? I thought he was highly touted when we drafted him and we're playing him on the third paring. Has the knee injury made his play suffer that much?

Roy Sommer doesn’t really have 1st, 2nd, or 3rd “pairings”. He rotated his D pretty freely. Just because he’s listed on the third pairing doesn’t mean he’s playing third pairing minutes. He’s been listed on the top pairings almost every game lately.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Roy Sommer doesn’t really have 1st, 2nd, or 3rd “pairings”. He rotated his D pretty freely. Just because he’s listed on the third pairing doesn’t mean he’s playing third pairing minutes. He’s been listed on the top pairings almost every game lately.

Gotcha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad