Injury Report: Martin on IR

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
so far dude looks like our 3rd best d-man

I agree, it's all about staying at that level for longer than a couple games now and not giving management any reasons to send him back down. I believe he'll do it

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree, it's all about staying at that level for longer than a couple games now and not giving management any reasons to send him back down. I believe he'll do it

Even if he impresses, he's still going to be sent back down when Martin is ready to go. They won't have any other choice until a trade is then worked out.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Why? The young ones should go down unless they're playing or play DeMelo for a game or two. If we're talking trade DeMelo then I'm onboard.
Neither Heed or Ryan should leave the lineup for Demelo. It would be nice to get something for Demelo, but if someone claims him, oh well. Odds are no one would anyway.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Neither Heed or Ryan should leave the lineup for Demelo. It would be nice to get something for Demelo, but if someone claims him, oh well. Odds are no one would anyway.

Meh, DeMelo is serviceable. Nothing wrong with playing him for a game or two to save an asset. This should be a rare situation.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Why? The young ones should go down unless they're playing or play DeMelo for a game or two. If we're talking trade DeMelo then I'm onboard.

Vehemently disagree. Ryan and Heed are rolling right now. I would not demote either to save DeMelo from waivers. Doubt he'd be claimed anyway.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
What in the **** are you talking about?

Oops, I misread what you wrote...my bad. I thought you were suggesting that they send down Ryan or Heed in order to keep DeMelo around. That really reminded me of what McPhee did in the expansion draft lol.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Oops, I misread what you wrote...my bad. I thought you were suggesting that they send down Ryan or Heed in order to keep DeMelo around. That really reminded me of what McPhee did in the expansion draft lol.

I did lol.

But I don't know every GM's name and I thought you were somehow referencing McFly from Back to the Future :laugh:

It's not something I'd do long term. But if I had to play DeMelo a couple games to keep him I would. We could be in this situation again only have to or be able to use LTIR. I'd much rather have DeMelo if that were the case than the next prospect in line. OTOH, if he were part of a trade for some scoring I'd be all right with that too.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I did lol.

But I don't know every GM's name and I thought you were somehow referencing McFly from Back to the Future :laugh:

It's not something I'd do long term. But if I had to play DeMelo a couple games to keep him I would. We could be in this situation again only have to or be able to use LTIR. I'd much rather have DeMelo if that were the case than the next prospect in line. OTOH, if he were part of a trade for some scoring I'd be all right with that too.

Ah, I see. I guess a few games wouldn't be too bad, but I just really like what Heed/Ryan bring, and I wouldn't want to see them sent down this season unless they start sucking...

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I really don't want to see Ryan or Heed leave the lineup. Imo they have been great. I'm guessing Ryan goes when Martin is back, but I'd prefer to keep the D pairings the same once Vlasic is back and trade Martin.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why would either leave the lineup? If Martin is ready, you activate him and put Vlasic on IR for the next couple games/until he's ready. When Martin and Vlasic are both healthy, you send down Ryan until you trade one of Martin or Dillon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad