Martin Hanzal vs Slava Trukhno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Slava has improved his stock alot. Some say he could slip into the first round.
Hanzal has been doing the same but i dont think he'll crack the 1st round. early to mid second is where i see him go.

Slava has amazing hands and vision. The guy could stickhandle anywhere.

CH Wizard

Hanzal, this guy has a lot of upside plus he's HUGE! I saw Trukhno play a lot this year and yeah he has tremendous vision and hands.Hanzal has a also a nice shot but imo Trukhno will go in the bottom of the first round and Hanzal in the second round.IMO, Hanzal has more potential.He had a above average U-18's.

Maddy, you beat me to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If you go purely by the U-18s, then Hanzal, because Trukhno was awful. But, of course, there's more to it than one tourney, so I think Trukhno will end up going higher. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if Hanzal went first, either.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Yeah Trukhno's U-18 performance was less than memorable... I still think he might be the biggest sleeper in years, potential-wise... he could become HUGE. If ya ask me, I could see him going as high as 20.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Seachd said:
If you go purely by the U-18s, then Hanzal, because Trukhno was awful. But, of course, there's more to it than one tourney, so I think Trukhno will end up going higher. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if Hanzal went first, either.

Don´t forget two think.
Almost all Russians played bad at the WU-18Ch and Trukhno received mostly very little ice time.

Red Machine

Mar 3, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
The only Russian that stood out for me was Istomin. He really controls the play when he has the puck. He showed lots of skill as well as a little bit of grit. I also heard Buravchikov had a nice tournament however i was more focused on watching Istomin and Zubov then the Russian D-men. Zubov has to be the softest player i have ever watched. I thought he was awful. Does he always play like this?

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Red Machine said:
The only Russian that stood out for me was Istomin. He really controls the play when he has the puck. He showed lots of skill as well as a little bit of grit. I also heard Buravchikov had a nice tournament however i was more focused on watching Istomin and Zubov then the Russian D-men. Zubov has to be the softest player i have ever watched. I thought he was awful. Does he always play like this?

Buravchikov played well and I would say Anikeenko was very solid.
Istomin showed flashes of briliance but for me the best Russian forward was Makarov.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
czechhockeyfan said:
Don´t forget two think.

I've got the 'two think' locked down...it's that crazy 'three think' that evades me everytime.

;)

Between Hanzal and Truhkno, I could see them both going in the first round but not quite a la Wheeler. I'm also not sure who I like better.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
czechhockeyfan said:
Don´t forget two think.
Almost all Russians played bad at the WU-18Ch and Trukhno received mostly very little ice time.
They all played badly in the games they lost, but when they were winning, I thought they were okay (no kidding). They just didn't bother to show up for a couple games.

I liked Buravchikov since the moment the puck dropped against Sweden in their first game, and, like you, I didn't think Anikeenko was nearly as bad as some people here are saying.

But players like Zubov, Istomin (kind of), Krysanov, and even Zubarev and Sopin stood out a little. You're right, Trukhno certainly didn't lead his team in ice time, but he did very little with the time he did get.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Seachd said:
They all played badly in the games they lost, but when they were winning, I thought they were okay (no kidding). They just didn't bother to show up for a couple games.

I liked Buravchikov since the moment the puck dropped against Sweden in their first game, and, like you, I didn't think Anikeenko was nearly as bad as some people here are saying.

But players like Zubov, Istomin (kind of), Krysanov, and even Zubarev and Sopin stood out a little. You're right, Trukhno certainly didn't lead his team in ice time, but he did very little with the time he did get.

I have seen Anikeenko at three tourneys this season and he played the best game at championship. Many people are dissapointed because of high expectations before the season but I think he was solid.
I agree with you on Istomin, Zubarev and Sopin, I don´t like Zubov and I have to disagree with you on Krysanov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad