Player Discussion Marner

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Name me a contender with capspace for marner, I’ll wait. Marner is not getting his money and on a contender. And since marner has shown his true Color’s, money is the #1 priority. Marner would love no tax Nashville.
Literally all of them.

It's the off-season - most/all contenders just need to make a small combination of move a guy here/not resign a guy there, and you've created the cap space to absorb Marner's $10.9M

most contenders simply need to just move off a guy here, and/or not resign a guy there and you have room. For example, Tampa not resigning Stamkos or Dumba to their equivalent deals from last year frees up $12.5M.

Remember - you can go over the cap in the off-season by 10%. That's $9M right there.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Nashville has over $20m in dead cap space over the next 2 years combined with buyouts & salary retention - hardly sounds like a team who is ready to add a $10.9m winger and extend him for potentially more than that.
With the Ryan McDonough trade freeing up $5.75 x 2 and adding Saros's $5 million if included in a trade more than covers MM @ $10,093,000

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Just watched Dallas beat Avs. That Makar is a bum. If I was Avs GM I would trade him immediately to Leafs for Marner.
Makar is the best defenceman since Bobby Orr.

Or was that Adam Fox?

One of them is better than Orr, but I don't remember which. I'll have to check the main boards again.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Or was that Adam Fox?

One of them is better than Orr, but I don't remember which. I'll have to check the main boards again.
dont forget Heiskenin (sp) and Dahlin ...or Sanderson if you listen to Ottawa fans and Chabot before him. or Ghule and every other prospect in MTL (though they do have a nice stable of D-men coming up)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Name me a contender with capspace for marner, I’ll wait. Marner is not getting his money and on a contender. And since marner has shown his true Color’s, money is the #1 priority. Marner would love no tax Nashville.
If someone wants him bad enough, they’ll pay.
Do you consider the Leafs and contender? Cause we have Marner’s salary. And Matthews. And Nylander. And Tavares.
Let some other team dump everyone else.

Don't know about you guys but if I am paying somebody more than Josi ($9m), it is not Marner.
That will be their problem. If the deal is right, I’d retain 2 million.

Reactions: ToneDog

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Pretty strange list but cool story if it's true.

Since this is the "daily repetition" thread, I guess I'll say it one more time - I hope Marner is traded, and the sooner the better.

Has anyone mentioned we should trade him?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If someone wants him bad enough, they’ll pay.
Do you consider the Leafs and contender? Cause we have Marner’s salary. And Matthews. And Nylander. And Tavares.
Let some other team dump everyone else.

That will be their problem. If the deal is right, I’d retain 2 million.
Leafs would have to sign him and then trade him rather than trading him and the Preds signing him. So we have to pay him $2m for 8 years to not play for us? It is a joke but one could regard it as payment for waiving. All thanks to the boy blunder.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

Or was that Adam Fox?

I am sure if either of them joins the Leafs, he will be known as an over rated Dman from the main boards.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Leafs would have to sign him and then trade him rather than trading him and the Preds signing him. So we have to pay him $2m for 8 years to not play for us? It is a joke but one could regard it as payment for waiving. All thanks to the boy blunder.
We'll be paying him 7.25 million of next years contract anyways, if we trade him after July 1st.
(his signing bonus due July 1st)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I mean only pay 2 million this year to fit him in. No way I want anything to do with the player or salary after that.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I mean only pay 2 million this year to fit him in. No way I want anything to do with the player or salary after that.
Yeah that makes sense. Problem is I do not see any teams wanting to blow out their salary scale for Marner. Vegas did it for Eichel but not sure who would be willing for Marner. Sorry if he is your highest paid player, you better be selling lots of jerseys because you are not winning any cups.

Reactions: JKG33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad