Player Discussion Marner Talk - Fresh, insightful comments are welcome

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He's one hell of a politician. It was a yes no question. Stupid me would have answered "No" but then again I would never have doubled and tripled down on them.
Even being a politician, this time there was no way to say yes.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Clearly Marner hasn't. He does the same stuff that screws us over in the playoffs year after year. Not saying the rest are much better but Matthews and Nylander's games' have definitely matured. Mitch still plays like a little kid in junior.
'They' isn't an individual. it refers to the Team.

Reactions: Kazparov

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Clearly Marner hasn't. He does the same stuff that screws us over in the playoffs year after year. Not saying the rest are much better but Matthews and Nylander's games' have definitely matured. Mitch still plays like a little kid in junior.
Marner’s been treading water for the last couple of seasons, definitely not getting any better, but he’s not alone, Rielly’s in the same boat, JT gets a hall past since he was on the decline when we signed him……..

If we keep the core together, they might be able to chip away slowly and eventually breakthrough all that crap to glory...might even leave us with a Cup poster to hang on the wall...:sarcasm:
In…..your…..dreams…..

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He's one hell of a politician. It was a yes no question. Stupid me would have answered "No" but then again I would never have doubled and tripled down on them.

He isn't a smart one. If you are just figuring out that you need to look into what is going wrong in 2024 I jave news for you. The MTL series showed and told all. All of the series told the same story actually. Every single one of them.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He isn't a smart one. If you are just figuring out that you need to look into what is going wrong in 2024 I jave news for you. The MTL series showed and told all. All of the series told the same story actually. Every single one of them.
1715718702274.jpeg

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Was he injured? He played all 82 and then had a pre existing condition flare up. Seriously. Seems like mismanagement. Lets not pretend like alot of us weren't mystified that he missed 3 whole games.
Mystified when he missed three games without an explanation, yes. Once we had the explanation, it made perfect sense.

Suggesting that it is less debilitating than an 'injury', or calling it a 'pre-existing condition' or imagining that it was 'mismanagement' all indicate that you have never had a severe migraine.

I would not wish one on my worst enemy.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I don’t think Marner is a tradable asset. No GM is going to want him. Most likely scenario is that Toronto will have to add a sweetener to move his contract. Likely have to retain around $4 million on top of that.

? He'd owed less than $1 million in real money after July 1st...he's mighty attractive to a team pushing to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Kazparov

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
The Frederic goal in Game 3.
The Lindholm goal in Game 7.

Backbreakers, that just can't go in.
If our 47 million dollar core of elite goal scorers could get more than one goal it wouldn't matter. Instead you blame it on a 3 million dollar goalie who allowed ONE GOAL in regulation time in game 7.

Your schtick is a failure.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
:laugh: I struggle with that, I certainly don’t mean any disrespect though. I don’t know how many times my daughter says “they will pick me up” and I say “thought it was just the two of you, who else is going?”
You need to educate your children on the proper grammatical uses of singular and plural pronouns. Are you afraid to do that?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The sweetener will hurt if it comes to this. How many high draft picks can the Leafs give away?
I think we dumped them all but 1 but then again we have about 6 weeks to give that 1 away
Relying on your goalie to basically save everything is not a sustainable way to build a team. 12 goals in 7 games is pathetic
that’s what I mean the whole team didn’t show up. We didn’t have a man with the right plan. We got rid of him maybe things will lookup but maybe the next coach will come up short as well.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
We may be a worse team without Marner.
I accept that.
I will not accept running the core back.
Marner needs to be traded.
He himself should not want to be back. It will be a shit show.
I'll lose all respect for the guy if he blocks trades.
Another year of his sulking and glove throwing isn't tolerable.
His value is low now. Tre isn't signing the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad