Sparks 21
Bibeau 20

ECHL: Gibson 22

Leivo (21)-Kontiola (29)-Abbott (26)
Smith (29)-McKegg (22)-Brown (20)
Broll (21)-Lang (28)-Biggs (21)
Devane (23)-Carrick (22)-Bodie (29)
Ross (22), McLaren (27)

Juniors/Europe: Nylander (18), Rupert (20)
ECHL: Manderson (25), Watling (21), Cepis (26), Della Rovere (24), Findlay (21), Miller (24), Tanski (24), Vail (20), Gilbert (23),McMillan (26),Kontos (20), Nagy (24), Machacek (25), Barnett (22), Waither (29),Montgomery (22).

Percy (21)-Granberg (21)
Finn (20)- Nilsson (20)
Knodel (24)- MacWilliam (24)
Marshall (25), Mikkelson (27)

Juniors/Europe: Loov (22)
ECHL: Fournier (23), Kessel (25), Bergin (26), Sefton (21), Scutron (26)

Sparks (21)
Gibson (22)

ECHL: Bibeau (20), Patterson (25), Heeter (25)

I have Ross, MacWilliam, McKegg and Devane as my top potential trade chips from here, and Everson, Cameranesi and Herzog as guys outside of the pros who are top trade chips. Some trades that occur later may involve some of the guys I've listed above, and rather than trade picks, I'd rather trade them... Considering that most have value, it's not out of the question.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah i had kozun ashton and one of nylander or leivo as tge send downs but that could easily be frattin in one of those slots instead.

And if they do what i want and keep both leivo and nylander with the big club then yeah the forwards start to look a bit older:

Abbott 26 - Smith 29 - Frattin 26/Booth 29
Brown 20 - McKegg 22 - Kozun 24
Ashton 23 - Carrick 22 - Broll 21
*Biggs 21 - Rupert 20 - Devane 23*
*McLaren 27 - Kontiola 30 - Bodie 29*

Tyler Biggs*

Bibeau is a good one, but playing in the AHL this season is the best thing for him.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Further on Engvall: Has he perhaps out grown(too good) for the J20 and would the CHL have been a better option for him this year?

The CHL is a tournament style league that only plays around 4 games a month. I believe Engvall did play for Forlunda (SHL not J20) in one of the team's CHL games earlier this season when Johnson was sick and couple guys were out as well. I believe the jump to Oskarshamn is the equivalence of him going from the OHL to AHL here in Canada.

I'm pretty sure the question was meant as, would it have been better for Engvall to come over in the CHL import draft and play for 2 years in the OHL/WHL/QMJHL?

While I haven't actually seen him play in a game, from what I understand about his 'loan' to Oskarshamn, it sounds like he is going to be eligible to play for both teams throughout the year (Frolunda J20 and Oskarshamn), so I can't really see how this wouldn't be beneficial for his development.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Looks good, but you forgot to make room for the upcoming cuts going back to the AHL. Frattin will help the Marlies.

Frattin might make the team now that Booth is out for a month. Imo, getting Leivo back would help the Marlies more, he's already a top line forward in the AHL.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Frattin might make the team now that Booth is out for a month. Imo, getting Leivo back would help the Marlies more, he's already a top line forward in the AHL.

Frattin was more than that though in the AHL though. In 57 games there he had 33 goals.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
He's not worth the 4th rd pick they gave Columbus let alone Jerry, just like so many Leafs just doesn't have the jam to be an effective NHL player.

Speaking of Draft Picks do we have any left or has that fat bastid Nonis traded all of them. What a joke after watching the Sens and Sabre's young players roll over the Leafs with half their NHL roster in the lineup was a real eye opener. We were out hit, out skated, the size difference was also quite evident. Players you've never heard of easily out classed our overstated sparse draft picks.

Predicting the draft it's rumoured to be the best since 2003 and we've already traded half out draft picks away.

1 - the Leafs didn't give Columbus a 4th rd pick

2- the only pick from 2015 they have traded away is the 2nd rd one

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
You'd think that the Leafs brass would want to give Kontiola top six minutes in the AHL to really speed up his acclimation to the NHL ice. So, assuming that Nylander is sent down to the Marlies and Leivo/Frattin/Kozun/Ashton are kept up with the big club, waived or traded, here is what I see as a potential lineup.

Spencer Abott - Petri Kontiola - Connor Brown
Greg McKegg - Trevor Smith - William Nylander
Brad Ross - Sam Carrick - Tyler Biggs
David Broll - Patrick Watling - Jamie Devane
ex: Bodie, McClaren, ECHL call-ups and whatnot.

I won't touch the d-men as I have no idea how this whole thing is going to shake out

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
yeah, it was a conditional 7th round pick we added to get frattin....and it doesn't look like frattin will earn that 7th round pick for them.

sounds like both frattin and d'amigo will be available on waivers next week.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
You'd think that the Leafs brass would want to give Kontiola top six minutes in the AHL to really speed up his acclimation to the NHL ice. So, assuming that Nylander is sent down to the Marlies and Leivo/Frattin/Kozun/Ashton are kept up with the big club, waived or traded, here is what I see as a potential lineup.

I won't touch the d-men as I have no idea how this whole thing is going to shake out

You're forgetting McKegg ... Additionally there are guys like Connor Brown who will be around - Marlies are deep with players this year, should be fun to follow them

Pholus

May 23, 2014

Greg McKegg
- Trevor Smith - William Nylander

You're forgetting McKegg ... Additionally there are guys like Connor Brown who will be around - Marlies are deep with players this year, should be fun to follow them

Huh? Ryan Rupert is the only guy I would've thought could make the Marlies that isn't included, and I also wouldn't expect Leivo to spend the full season with the Leafs.

I agree that it will be fun to follow them, they seem to be better than last year everywhere but in net. I'm not sure the depth they have in forwards/defense is enough to offset the loss of a great (for AHL) goalie, but depending on how well Sparks/Gibson/Bibeau play they might have another deep playoff run this year.

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario

Carrick - Smith - Abbott
Nylander - Kontiola - Bodie
Broll - Mckegg - Brown
Mclaren - Rupert - Biggs

Percy - Granberg
MacWilliam - Knodel
Finn - Nilsson

Sparks
Gibson

Extra: Devane, Ross, Mahachek, Marshall, Mikkelson
ECHL: Bibeau, Watling, Findlay, Lang, Kessel, Della Rovere

Trade/Claimed on waivers : Ashton, Frattin

IF Ashton and Frattin go unclaimed and make their way onto the Marlies, than we'll have a stacked AHL team again

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Carrick - Smith - Abbott
Broll - Mckegg - Brown
Mclaren - Rupert - Biggs

Percy - Granberg
MacWilliam - Knodel
Finn - Nilsson

Sparks
Gibson

IF Ashton and Frattin go unclaimed and make their way onto the Marlies, than we'll have a stacked AHL team again

We already have a stacked team. We have so much depth, I'm actually afraid some of our guys won't get much development. Devane and Ross aren't going to get anything out of the ECHL, and with Devane ready to take the next step next year, we need to see his development continue. Ross will likely get traded as an add on eventually. Good guy, decent player that just hasn't found his offensive touch, but with two guys ahead of him in Devane and Broll, he doesn't look to have a fair shot.

I know depth is never bad, but that's why we have the ECHL guys like Watling and Findlay. We shouldn't have many who don't get very much playing time in the AHL.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Carrick - Smith - Abbott
Broll - Mckegg - Brown
Mclaren - Rupert - Biggs

Percy - Granberg
MacWilliam - Knodel
Finn - Nilsson

Sparks
Gibson

Why does everyone thing Frattin will get waived?

1. He have room to keep him on the Leafs
2. He is actually a very good 4th liner. He is fast, strong, hits, and plays a 200 ft game. He is just not a good finisher right now.
I also see no reason for the Marlies to give Smith the #1C job when we have 3 players in McKegg, Konna, and Carrick, who would benefit more from the position. I have feeling Nylander will go back to Sweden, Rupert will go to the OHL, and Percy will stay with the Leafs. You also don't seem to have included Vail.

Carrick - McKegg - Abbott
Broll - Kontiola/Smith - Brown/Machacek
Ross - Smith/Kontiola - Biggs
Devane - Findlay/Watling - Bodie
McLaren

Mikkelson - Granberg
Marshall - Holzer
MacWilliam - Nilsson
Finn - Knodel

Sparks
Bibeau

ECHL: Gibson, Lang, Kessel, Della Rovere

Eventual call ups will change everything. Guys like Brown, Findlay, Watling will sit a bit to start the season.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Why does everyone thing Frattin will get waived?

1. He have room to keep him on the Leafs
2. He is actually a very good 4th liner. He is fast, strong, hits, and plays a 200 ft game. He is just not a good finisher right now.
I also see no reason for the Marlies to give Smith the #1C job when we have 3 players in McKegg, Konna, and Carrick, who would benefit more from the position. I have feeling Nylander will go back to Sweden, Rupert will go to the OHL, and Percy will stay with the Leafs. You also don't seem to have included Vail.

Carrick - McKegg - Abbott
Broll - Kontiola/Smith - Brown/Machacek
Ross - Smith/Kontiola - Biggs
Devane - Findlay/Watling - Bodie
McLaren

Mikkelson - Granberg
Marshall - Holzer
MacWilliam - Nilsson
Finn - Knodel

Sparks
Bibeau

ECHL: Gibson, Lang, Kessel, Della Rovere

Eventual call ups will change everything. Guys like Brown, Findlay, Watling will sit a bit to start the season.

Percy will not trump Holzer. Where is Leivo?

I have Kontiola 1st line with McKegg 2nd line. Our 1st and 2nd line will be used quite often as it is, so it doesn't really matter who plays where. Leivo, Smith, Abbott and Brown as the wingers. Bottom 6 I have Broll, Devane, Biggs and Bodie as the wingers with Lang and Carrick as the centers. Reserves are McLaren and Ross; Ross gets fair playing time.

Defense is Mikkelson, Knodel, Nilsson, Percy, Granberg, MacWilliam with Marshall and Finn (ECHL) as reserves.

Goalies I have Sparks and Gibson with Bibeau reserve (ECHL).

Rupert to Juniors. Nylander to Europe. Manderson, Watling, Findlay, Della Rovere, Vail, and Kessel to ECHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad