Value of: Markus Nutivaara to MTL

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Habs need a puck moving LHD, i think Nutivaara could be a good fit for us. What's the asking price? We could also do a bigger deal around either Galchenyuk or Pacioretty with Nutivaara being 1 of the pieces coming back, that said i'd like to get an estimate of his standalone value as well.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
After watching the Harrington-Carlsson 3rd pairing last night in person, and watching the Johnson-Savard pairing that has become a shell of what it was last season, no thank you. Nuti is here to stay. If you want a LHD, try Johnson, maybe Murray.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
No Murray is much more safe then Nuti... look at our record and stats with and without Murray over the last 2 years.

I'm open to Trading Nuti I'm just not sure with the Habs... I'd want to use in a trade for a better C. Galchenyuk is a possbility but I'm not sure I want to know the add.

I'm also one of the least supportive Nuti supporters on the board so just know trades I'm ok with or would accept for him aren't nessasarily something 98% of the other cbj fans are ok with. He has grown on me since he let Murray stay on his strong side and has played his off side this year.

My Ideal lines are:
Z Jones
Murray Nuti
JJ Carlson
Harrington and hope Gavrikov comes tomorrow and makes JJ expandable. I want to trade Savard+Wennberg+ for a true 1C. If not possible Nuti+prospect/non 1st for Galchenyuk might work for now. I just hate his defensive effort so I'm torn here.

Reactions: CBJFan827

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Columbus should keep their young d, and let Johnson leave as a free agent. They also don't need to trade for a 1C because Dubois will become one. Plus they have Wennberg who still has top line potential.
Pretty much how I feel. Probably some depth moves or minor deals. Nothing major this season imo

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Apparently he is well liked by his teammates and yes, getting traded, regardless if you're liked by your teammates is part of the business but I don't think he gets traded. Still young, cheap and like birds in the trap said, keep him, just in case Johnson leaves during the Summer.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Is he really much of an upgrade over Schlemko?

I've only seen him play maybe 10 times but he always stands out to me. I think he has the potential to play on a top pair some day, at the very least he'll be an extremely good 2nd pairing dman.

That said i'd only do something like Nuti + Bjorkstrand/Milano + pick for Galchenyuk, i'd never move Galchenyuk for Nutivaara + just a pick.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I've only seen him play maybe 10 times but he always stands out to me. I think he has the potential to play on a top pair some day, at the very least he'll be an extremely good 2nd pairing dman.

That said i'd only do something like Nuti + Bjorkstrand/Milano + pick for Galchenyuk, i'd never move Galchenyuk for Nutivaara + just a pick.

No thank you. Columbus doesn't need to move any young defensemen because it sort of screws up the plan to build a monster blue line. The only way I consider it is for a deal we can't refuse.

Reactions: Viqsi

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Our need for center is slowly fading. So really there aren't any major trades coming from Columbus unless they get a gift horse like Panarin that they can't say no to. And Montreal doesn't have the pieces to make that happen.

At least not the right pieces.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not as sold on not needing to upgrade our center position or our skilled scoring on the wing in the right deal. In a non cap world I'd move Nutivaara and Milano for Galchenyuk. But since we are in the real world it's not going to happen.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't think the CBJ and MTL make good trading partners. While the CBJ do have a plethora of talented LHD, they're set on the wings and on defense. MTL doesn't have a center piece to really move.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I am not sold on Dubois.
Have you been watching him play? It's like a switch got flipped in his head and he's been playing lights out recently.

Needs to continue working on his faceoffs and some other areas, but when it comes to his positioning, physicality and play making ability, it's all there.

His line by far is the only competent line right now and they seem to generating all the chances.

Reactions: Byrral

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
All these MTL-CBJ threads... Which player is MTL giving up that makes CBJ better?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Forget position of strength or value of any deal. Are you honestly stating that Pacioretty couldn't help the CBJ?

No I'm taking into account the other player(s) going the other way. Because it's a trade. They're just not a good match for a trade.

Reactions: Viqsi and mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Forget position of strength or value of any deal. Are you honestly stating that Pacioretty couldn't help the CBJ?
If they decided hey take him for Dalpe and Beerman sure he helps us a whole lot. But when we lose productive players in our system that play our way for Patchs who it's a known fact Torts isn't a big fan of his play... that doesn't help us.

Would you rather have Anderson at his current age contract and production or Max with his?

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I am not sold on Dubois.

What would you like to see which you have yet to see?

I guess what I’m asking is are you not sold, or not sold yet.

It would be easy to disagree with your opinion (some have), but respectfully, I’m just interested in what you are not seeing that should be present and if that element(s) is coachable or not. Thanks.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Nutivaara is a really slick skater and has improved his puck handling, and is maybe our second best D man at getting pucks through to the net from the blue line.......Jackets don't look the same without him in the lineup. His main weakness is probably just that, he's skinny and needs to hit the weight room... don't see Columbus moving him with his bargain contract unless someone wants him really really bad...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->