Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
A class thing would be to sign Markov, even if he is past it, play the ten games and then he retires if it isnt working out. He could then go back to tje KHL if he wants is my guess.

maybe markov doesn't WANT to come back after the disrespect he was shown......i know i wouldn't

we don't own the guy

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
maybe markov doesn't WANT to come back after the disrespect he was shown......i know i wouldn't

we don't own the guy

Which is fine. Habs had to move on from him eventually. Sucks how it went down. But they were much closer to post-Markov Canadiens then anything else.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

we don't own the guy

Lol. I meant from the Habs perspective that offer should be made. Obviously he would have to want to come back

I think MB should make the offer. He can tell Markov to take it or leave it, first come first served and buy him a dog.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Would 10/10 still take him over Lolzner.
Easily. Markov was top 5 in defenseman scoring in the KHL. Alzner would struggle to crack the top 50.

Comparable players like Jyrki Jokipakka (55th), Andrej Meszaros (48th), Anton Belov (68th), David Rundblad (72nd), Simon Despres (89th), Alexei Marchenko (49th), Chris Lee (36th) are for the most part no worse than Alzner, Most of those guys played in NA recently and were no worse than Lolzner was this year

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
MB is probably pissed off at Markov.....why would he want to try to do something nice for him?

i think there is mutual hate going on

I was being sarcastic. Of course MB has a hate on for him. MB probably blames Markov for not taking the offer and therefore messing up the D. MB blames the players for everything.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Markov would be the 2nd best defensemen on the Habs...

Thats the problem though. How long can the team rely on 39/40 year old Markov? At some point habs were going to have live life without Markov. If not this season the next season. It truly sucked that a legend like him couldn't finish the season here. I think Molson was cheaping out on the whole deal IMO.

Markov was the engine that made the habs go. Habs record with Markov and without tells the story, but the team couldn't continue to rely on him that way anymore. Like the wings with Lindstrom. I am sure they wish they could dust him off and dress him too to make the playoffs but at some point age catch's up to an athlete and a team has to move on. Would Markov had helped the habs make the playoffs this year and get bounced from the 1st round? very possible, but then we would be in the same boat this summer or next summer.

I would have paid the man but Molson 2.0 is looking alot like Molson 1.0, scrooge McDucking his way through his piles of money while cheapining out on the product on the ice.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Markov would be the 2nd best defensemen on the Habs...

There was legitimate stretches last season where Markov was our best defenseman, let alone 2nd best.

There’s a reason the team always tanked when he was injured, we relied heavily on his outlet pass to initiate transition (our FWDs aren’t skilled enough) and his IQ to distribute in the offensive zone.

Since 2002 Markov has been the single most important piece to the Habs roster. There’s absolutely no one who will tell me otherwise.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I was being sarcastic. Of course MB has a hate on for him. MB probably blames Markov for not taking the offer and therefore messing up the D. MB blames the players for everything.

The fact Markov was open about the negotiation going poorly likely leaves a bad taste in his mouth.

“As an athlete and as a person who spent 16 years of their life in Montreal, I’d have liked it if they had respected me,” said Markov. “That’s all I was asking for from the team.”

“I’m going to be honest with you,” added Markov. “There was practically no negotiations with Montreal. I got two or three offers from them and they said, ‘Either you sign or you don’t sign.’

“No one listened to me and no one wanted to listen to me. That’s what happened. So I had the choice to sign on their terms or to leave and find a new team.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->