Markov signs with AK Bars (KHL) [MOD WARNING POST 60]

Markov could help Montreal if he stay in Canadiens?

• Yes. This boy elite defenser

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • No. He s too old and too slow

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Markov's team is in the Gagarin cup finals for anyone interested. He's probably not going to win, but I hope he does. If there's an ex-Habs (along with Subban) who deserves a major trophy its him.

Will be watching the games when I can. They might even win since SKA isn't in the playoffs anymore, but something tells me the higher ups will push for an CSKA win.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Hope Markov can get a championship!!

Sad to think, Bergevin let this guy leave...sad.

Truly shows what a clueless f***ing clown he is.

What an unredeemable f***head

I'd rather have hemoroids than him as GM

Oh yeah sure Marc, we don't need a guy like that at all LETS GO WITH GROUCHO MARX AND WILEY COYOTE INSTEAD - WHAT f***ING TEAM HAS HE BEEN WATCHING ALL THESE YEARS????

Thinking about what happened with Markov makes me.... f***ing mad... :rant:

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we hadnt already signed Sekac before I wouldve been interested in signing him for next season. 45 pts in 52 games is pretty good

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ditto here also. As a guy that played defence my whole career, I was a big fan of the General and feel that his ability and value to the Habs was undervalued by some.
Markov over his career here was a solid player and every time he was out of the lineup he was severely missed and this year was no different. He was just a really smart hockey player that had quite a bit of influence on the ice. Ask Pacioretty if the team missed him? I think that this years team was shocked at how he was treated after so many loyal years.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Markov over his career here was a solid player and every time he was out of the lineup he was severely missed and this year was no different. He was just a really smart hockey player that had quite a bit of influence on the ice. Ask Pacioretty if the team missed him? I think that this years team was shocked at how he was treated after so many loyal years.
This is what happened at the beginning of the year, guys were shocked he wasn't brought back, and the arrogant comments, about first come first serve, and loyalty dog comments...........if I remember it was Rejean Tremblay wrote about this, but seemed to get swept away, he said the vets were savage. So, this is the attitude that MB is speaking of, but the reason he does not want to go into detail.

We missed Markov, and again MB missed the boat on exactly how important he was to our team. Clown.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
This is what happened at the beginning of the year, guys were shocked he wasn't brought back, and the arrogant comments, about first come first serve, and loyalty dog comments...........if I remember it was Rejean Tremblay wrote about this, but seemed to get swept away, he said the vets were savage. So, this is the attitude that MB is speaking of, but the reason he does not want to go into detail.

We missed Markov, and again MB missed the boat on exactly how important he was to our team. Clown.
Well maybe the players even though eliminated from the playoffs last year saw this as a season to try and land some help to go with Radulov and Markov, maybe even a veteran center. They knew they had Sergachev as a top D prospect and a guy that could step in this year and add to our D from last year.

Bergevin did the unexpected all right, he protected Benn in the expansion draft and didn't or semi tried and failed to bring back Markov and Radulov but to put icing on the cake, traded one of the top D prospects in the whole league for what team thought thought was a winger and then are told he would be a center. I will ask anyone how they would feel as a member of that team?

After all of this Bergevin sees Hemsky and Streit come in as replacements for losing two of our best players. The new D boasts Schlemko and Alzner and not ready Victor Mete along with the bearded Benn. These guys sure did have nothing but a poor attitude.:sarcasm:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Tremblay became a big fan of Markov through the years. He was pissed on twitter at how he felt the organisation treated him like a disposable asset. He wrote two articles on him this autumn:
L’arrogance à l’hélium
Markov : la leçon au KGB

I'm not necessarily a big fan of Tremblay as sometimes his agendas drive his writing (well, mostly I was annoyed at how he treated Koivu), but he's a good writer and he tends to percieve faults in systems rather accurately. He's also one of the few (with guys like Melnick) who keeps a pulse on how the average fan feels.

That said, one thing Bergevin and this ownership doesn't seem to understand is while we fans love our team, we love our players, too. They make the stories we remember. Who here didn't love Begin's "on va manger dla bande" playoff game, or Kovalev's elbow on tucker, his heroics in the 5 goal comeback or Koivu's return ? How about Subban "taking it all away" from Bruins fans ?

As fans, we love these players for different reasons and we get attached to them. When you disrespect them, you disrespect the fans. That's part of the reason why this whole management team has to go.

Last edited:

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica

At least Pacioretty helps the tank. Markov prevented the team from having high draft picks and then sucked in the playoffs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
At least Pacioretty helps the tank. Markov prevented the team from having high draft picks and then sucked in the playoffs.
We had a rough time in the playoffs because we had no centers and it's been like this for years, that's not on Markov. I also want to add, why trade Subban for Weber 4 years older if you can't win because of Markov? Bergevin must have felt differently at one point.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Hoping Markov wins glory back in mother russia. This is like how Koivu was tossed aside like cold garbage because they might break some stupid record but have nothing to show for it. This organization has been so awful the last decade.
New Habs motto:
Class is a thing of the past.
Yet they talk out of both sides of their mouth's and think they are the organization with nothing but class...go figure.
When your hire clowns like MT and MB you are in trouble, big trouble, and hey, look at us now.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
We had a rough time in the playoffs because we had no centers and it's been like this for years, that's not on Markov. I also want to add, why trade Subban for Weber 4 years older if you can't win because of Markov? Bergevin must have felt differently at one point.

There weren't any more centers in the regular season. Why was Markov considerably better in the regular season? I don't see the point of discussing the Subban trade. You wan't me to try to prove that Bergevin's decisions make sense? lol

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
A class thing would be to sign Markov, even if he is past it, play the ten games and then he retires if it isnt working out. He could then go back to tje KHL if he wants is my guess.
From the couple games I watched of Markov in the KHL playoffs, he looked good. I think he could still play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->