Markov crazy goal with dynamo moscow in 1999

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
http://www.hockeyzoneplus.com/russia/russ39_e.htm

Suddenly, the lights of the Luzhniky Ice Palace go off and a vociferous voice announces; "Welcome to the Dynamo Moscow! Alexei Yegorov, Alexander Khavanov, Andrei Markov Alexander Kuvaldin, Alexander Prokopyev and Alexander Kharitonov!!! Welcome!!!" All of them are greeted with a loud ovation. Yet a comparatively young, but an already experienced player wearing #25 on his jersey gets most of it. He is the native of the hockeytown of Voskresensk – 21-year old Montr?l draftee Andrei Markov. He is without any doubt the brightest NHL prospect in Russian hockey today.

Though he has played only two years for Dynamo he has managed to become a fan favorite not only in Moscow but in all of Russia. His name has already gone down in the history of Russian and European hockey.

Last year in the final of the most prestigious European club tournament (Euroleague) he scored against Metallurg Magnitogorsk the most curious and astonishing goal ever seen in the world of hockey.

Here the goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH2ZunnDo7Y

Last edited by a moderator:

westcoast habsfan

Aug 16, 2005
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: That wasn't even that hard of a shot. How the heck did it ever go in. It must have hit the goalies stick and deflected up, over and in. I've seen that happen when the puck is rolling and it has a back spin on it.

The n00b King ©*

just a note, i dont think you're allowed to paste the entire article in here. i think it violates copyright laws.

i think you're only allowed to:

give credentials
paste part of the article

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Lmao after reading the Slapshot is obsolete thread on the main board, I looked for some videos and saw that goal on YouTube. I wondered if it ever was posted here and found this thread. So yeah.

And lol at the modding being done 7 years later :laugh:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Andrei Markov: "Demon With The Puck"

tumblr_nhj2pmAaV11shr61qo1_1280.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad