Votes: 65 70.7%
  • Simmonds

Votes: 27 29.3%

• Total voters

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Mark Stone.

Under the assumption, they're both equal defensively. (Slight edge to Stone)

Stone is alot better offensively. I feel like he can drive his line.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Simmonds is elite in front of the net, especially on the PP where that is pretty much all he has to do. Stone is better at everything else.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I'll say Stone. Simmonds is a good net front presence, but Stone is a better player.

I don't agree.

Simmonds puts up VERY similar numbers year in and year out, scores more goals, is consistent, and is a tough, physical presence. I'd love him on my team. Stone is a good player, but Simmonds wins this comparison, IMO.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Stone eclipses Simmonds' possession numbers and he seems to produce much better at ES. Unless I'm missing something, Stone's the clear choice.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't agree.

Simmonds puts up VERY similar numbers year in and year out, scores more goals, is consistent, and is a tough, physical presence. I'd love him on my team. Stone is a good player, but Simmonds wins this comparison, IMO.
You have multiple Flyers fans disagreeing with you.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Um.......so what? What does that have to do with anything?

It's still my opinion. My opinion is not wrong. LOL.
No its definitely wrong. Stone carries his line whoever is on it. Pageau and Smith should be giving him a cut every pay cheque. It doesnt take much research to look into who produces above their career average on the sens and when it happens.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Opinions can be wrong. Yours is an example of one. Unless of course you are ok having a lesser player.

LOL. No. Simmonds is DEF. the better player here. Some of you Philly fans simply can't see it. Maybe y'all don't really know your hockey that well. Maybe stick to the football? :)

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'd love to have Simmonds on the Leafs but Stone is just simply a better player and better individual generator of offense.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
LOL. No. Simmonds is DEF. the better player here. Some of you Philly fans simply can't see it. Maybe y'all don't really know your hockey that well. Maybe stick to the football? :)
Sorry....you are wrong.

And this Flyers fan lives and was born and raised in Canada. Hockey is the sport I know and have enjoyed for 40+ years. I take Stone every day as would most who know hockey. Just look at the poll results.

I have to remind myself that I am replying to the guy who 2 months ago said:

Just based on skill level alone.....

"Matthews = Stamkos(at his goal scoring peak)
Nylander = Laine
Marner = Tarasenko
Rielly = Pietrangelo
Gardiner = Hamilton"

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad