Player Discussion Mark Stone: 16th overall for Points Per Game & 14th overall in ES scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What sort of cap hit and term would he get if he goes to arbitration?

Probably between 5-6 million. Most cases are player elected arbitration, if it is then Ottawa can decide on a one year or two year deal. If it is club elected arbitration, Stone will chose 1 year. Would be awful if it is settled through arbitration. Arbitration would be a huge lose for the Senators.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
According to Bruce .. Stone wants to be here long term. We have to think the Sens want him here long term.. They will work something out. I think he gets 7 mil for 8 years ... If he'd go for this the Sens would be nuts not to.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is going to be a painful one to watch.

He'll file for arbitration which is part of the process, perfectly normal and it will go the wire, again, perfectly normal.

But I can see more mass hysteria as we wait. "Melnyk is too cheap" " he doesn't want to stay" etc....

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is going to be a painful one to watch.

He'll file for arbitration which is part of the process, perfectly normal and it will go the wire, again, perfectly normal.

But I can see more mass hysteria as we wait. "Melnyk is too cheap" " he doesn't want to stay" etc....
If Karlsson goes, Melnyk doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Chezzz

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
27 points in 18 games. 1.5 point/game. Unstoppable.

upload_2018-3-6_11-14-43.png

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Everybody is a Melnyk / Sens Finance expert now...
Offer sheet him there is no way the Sens match that blah blah...

If Joe Sakic offer sheets Stone after Dorion became his BFF by giving him a third to take Hammond and save a little cash, but allowing Hammond to remain in Belleville and play in front of Sens prospects .. I'll be annoyed

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I swear people are so stupid with the Offer sheets. It's like every player wants to just sign an offer sheet with another team and throw away the team that drafted them, gave them a chance to be NHL players and etc.

There's a reason these things never happen, not many players are actually willing to do that. For the well being of the franchise, players usually just get traded if they can't reach a contract agreement or if they feel like a contract won't get done (Johansen for example).

A player signing an offer sheet is a complete disrespect of his team and teammates. Mark Stone would never ever do that and anybody who has half a brain knows that.

These offer sheet talk are pure stupidity and just a clickbait. Who's the last player to actually sign an offer sheet and go to another team? f***ing Dustin Penner 10 years ago.

And this dumbass is here wondering if Stone would sign an offer sheet...

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I swear people are so stupid with the Offer sheets. It's like every player wants to just sign an offer sheet with another team and throw away the team that drafted them, gave them a chance to be NHL players and etc.

There's a reason these things never happen, not many players are actually willing to do that. For the well being of the franchise, players usually just get traded if they can't reach a contract agreement or if they feel like a contract won't get done (Johansen for example).

A player signing an offer sheet is a complete disrespect of his team and teammates. Mark Stone would never ever do that and anybody who has half a brain knows that.

These offer sheet talk are pure stupidity and just a clickbait. Who's the last player to actually sign an offer sheet and go to another team? ****ing Dustin Penner 10 years ago.

And this dumbass is here wondering if Stone would sign an offer sheet...

Hit a nerve? Lol

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hit a nerve? Lol

Bro I swear we see this offer sheet talk come and go every year without a single thing happening on that front. Of course some blogger will look at Ottawa and Melnyk and say that they are a prime candidate for an offer sheet with Stone to re-sign but the reality is that the only person who can sign that offer sheet is the player and that does not happen in 2018.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Bro I swear we see this offer sheet talk come and go every year without a single thing happening on that front. Of course some blogger will look at Ottawa and Melnyk and say that they are a prime candidate for an offer sheet with Stone to re-sign but the reality is that the only person who can sign that offer sheet is the player and that does not happen in 2018.

I do agree it not a likely scenario. If it did happen, there's no way we don't match.

It's just interesting given Colorado has our 1st and 3rd next year. It's not the usual random offer sheet.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I do agree it not a likely scenario. If it did happen, there's no way we don't match.

It's just interesting given Colorado has our 1st and 3rd next year. It's not the usual random offer sheet.
You need to learn to call games more properly and stop telling stories about someones cousins daughters best friends dog on the radio. Get your shit together Dean

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016

True but I mean look at it this way, Stone has said in no uncertain terms that he wants to be here, he loves it here, and that's unequivocal. He said even if we rebuild he wants to be part of the solution.

So in order for any of this nonsense to even happen, he'd have to suddenly change his mind and go against every single public thing he's said regarding the situation so far. Then, the offer sheet would have to be so high that Dorion wouldn't match and that Stone thinks it's worthwhile for him financially (keeping in mind that Ottawa is the only team that can offer an 8th year). But it can't be high enough that the other team is giving up 4 first rounders because what team is gonna do that.

And even if you say he signs one because he wants out. He would have to be 100% sure Ottawa doesn't match. Because if they do, then he's actually stuck here long term. So in reality, if he really wanted out, he would simply ask for a trade and sign a deal with his new team. This offer sheet BS is so unlikely it's not even worth considering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad