Player Discussion Mark Stone: 16th overall for Points Per Game & 14th overall in ES scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I doubt Stones agent would let him take this, but 8 mil for 5 seasons would be amazing. Get all his prime years, and the term is short enough not to be stuck with an albatross contract.

Aurilius

Nov 12, 2015
Hostage in Canada's Basement
Lol you just don't quit man, respect.

Let me just say though that I took a really nice HOT shower, at the old Elmira Jackels Arena last night after a 10 pm game. There's no sign of a team interested in coming back there. County owns it now, the buildings falling apart, they don't have funds to fix the Zamboni, only keeping the rec ice up and it's shit, but we have hot water...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
eighth highest Payroll this season.

fifth highest cap payroll this season.

only 5 teams with less cap space this season.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/
You are trying to drum up sympathy for the devil....And its not going to work....EM is his own worst enemy.....Lots of teams have budgets,but few use it as an excuse,bargaining tool,and general cure all to appease fans as often as he does...He has drained that well,and any benefits that comes with it...

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You are trying to drum up sympathy for the devil....And its not going to work....EM is his own worst enemy.....Lots of teams have budgets,but few use it as an excuse,bargaining tool,and general cure all to appease fans as often as he does...He has drained that well,and any benefits that comes with it...

There is a perception that Ottawa is among the lowest spending teams, in terms of pay roll, cap payroll and cap space available.

The facts don't support that, and when the narrative here is the Sens won't pay up to keep their star players, I'm just pointing to the facts.

Sure, non payroll spending is lower than most teams, and I never disputed that, and then has been some positive moves to improve that ............... not enough, but it's still positive.

I don't feel badly for the public perception that Melnyk has orchestrated mostly on his own, he knows he's over shot the mark on how the market will respond to his brutal truth type of talk when he speaks from the hip.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
There is a perception that Ottawa is among the lowest spending teams, in terms of pay roll, cap payroll and cap space available.

The facts don't support that, and when the narrative here is the Sens won't pay up to keep their star players, I'm just pointing to the facts.

Sure, non payroll spending is lower than most teams, and I never disputed that, and then has been some positive moves to improve that ............... not enough, but it's still positive.

I don't feel badly for the public perception that Melnyk has orchestrated mostly on his own, he knows he's over shot the mark on how the market will respond to his brutal truth type of talk when he speaks from the hip.
Its not only in how he speaks,its his actions....Him selling assets for monetary considerations,the shrinking of our management group ...

I can see he wants to win ,but he needs to understand that this isnt a nickel league its a billion dollar one...We have coaches,and good managers that command millions in salary,never mind the players on top of that...If he cant take that monetary hit ,then he will never be able to grow this market as it should have been done 10 years ago...We should have had at least a cup or two by now,but instead we get the same worn out excuse ..And blame

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

After a quick glance, I can confidently tell you that list is broken. To start off, you have 16 teams that do not reach the cap floor, thats a pretty big red flag. Some further digging reveals that whats in the chart and whats actually in the team section differs upwards of 20million for some teams, which makes sense when you look at the players signed column because not a single team has a full roster. I don't know if it hasn't been updated since the offseason but its clearly wrong. I'm astonished that you would even present it as fact. I was hesitant to click the link because it's hockey buzz but I was curious how you got those numbers, after seeing the work thats obviously not been done I am ashamed that I gave that site traffic.

I can also confidently tell you that Ottawa is in the bottom third of the league in payroll, having gone through each teams expected salary expentidture back in December they were 21st and that accounted 100% of MacArthur's salary and since then they have only cut salary further.

If you want a reliable source, use CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps. You can't sort by salary expenditure so you'll have to put in a little bit of work but at least you won't look foolish.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't care to refute you. MrCraigAnderson already did. But I will give you a bit of advice. Never use hockeybuzz as a source for anything.

That's like using the National Enquirer as a primary source in your PhD thesis.
The guy has no clue.

He legit called me out for using the Allsvenskan as a comparisson, asking why I would bring a soccer leaague into the discussion.

He's clueless, but has his mind set on being "the voice of reason".

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I don't care to refute you. MrCraigAnderson already did. But I will give you a bit of advice. Never use hockeybuzz as a source for anything.

That's like using the National Enquirer as a primary source in your PhD thesis.

Thank you for the advice. I used to use another site for NHL salaries and Cap stuff, but it's gone, and that was the one I could find.

will not use it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The guy has no clue.

He legit called me out for using the Allsvenskan as a comparisson, asking why I would bring a soccer leaague into the discussion.

He's clueless, but has his mind set on being "the voice of reason".

never "called you out" I asked what relevance a soccer league had, because that's what came up when I did a search.

I admitted I never heard the teir 2 league, in Sweden called that.

If asking a question qualifies as "being called out" then you must have pretty thin skin.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I typed in "allsvenskan" on Google and the first entry was Wikipedia for "HockeyAllsvenskan."

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
never "called you out" I asked what relevance a soccer league had, because that's what came up when I did a search.

I admitted I never heard the teir 2 league, in Sweden called that.

If asking a question qualifies as "being called out" then you must have pretty thin skin.
Called out may have been the wrong wording.

Hard to take you seriously when you're arguing about a subject you clearly (as demonstrted by thinking the league he plays in was a soccer league....) have no clue what you're talking about.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Called out may have been the wrong wording.

Hard to take you seriously when you're arguing about a subject you clearly (as demonstrted by thinking the league he plays in was a soccer league....) have no clue what you're talking about.

Now that is rich. I never said he was playing in a soccer league, and you know that.

On Hockey DB the league he's played in for three or four seasons is listed a "Swe-1" which is not the SHL, and I've heard called a tier 2 league.

When you posted the league's name, and all I could find was a soccer league of the same name, I asked for some clarification, assuming I missed something.

You can be a smartass if you want, it does not bother me, but I'll try to refrain from asking you for further information, as there are others on this site that also know everything.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Now that is rich. I never said he was playing in a soccer league, and you know that.

On Hockey DB the league he's played in for three or four seasons is listed a "Swe-1" which is not the SHL, and I've heard called a tier 2 league.

When you posted the league's name, and all I could find was a soccer league of the same name, I asked for some clarification, assuming I missed something.

You can be a smartass if you want, it does not bother me, but I'll try to refrain from asking you for further information, as there are others on this site that also know everything.
Thank you

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I typed in "allsvenskan" on Google and the first entry was Wikipedia for "HockeyAllsvenskan."

Sorry, but the ordinal post he made was that he was playing in the "the Allsvenskan" , so that's what I searched, and that was NOT what comes up.

LMGTFY

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

giphy-downsized.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad