Mark Scheifele vs Auston Matthews

Who would u rather add to ur team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
This is not a who is better poll. This is who you would rather have poll. Would u take the gamble with Matthews who is 5 years younger or would u take the sure thing signed to a good deal.
Take everything into account (age, potential, contracts etc) who would u rather add to ur team today.

PaulaMesser

Apr 18, 2018
Auston Matthews

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pro.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/pic.png

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Scheif is better now but he is entering his prime. Matthews is 21 with 40 goals and 34 goals in 62 games in his first two years. He is a 200 foot player, who dominates around the net with his smooth hands and 6 foot 5 230 frame. This is a guy who is going to put up 40+ goals a year for the next number of years.

No disrespect to Scheif, I think he is a tremendous player and him in the playoffs is just not fair. Winnipeg has done a fantastic job bringing that roster along and Chevy proved a lot of people wrong on this board. He deserves all the praise, and I hope he is not unfairly trash talked in this thread.

However let's not forget that Scheif was no where near as good as Matthews at this point. Matthews to start the year was DOMINANT. He played through injuries all year and was still quite good. Only black mark he has on his resume is one poor playoff after being really good last year.

So who would I rather have? The 21 year old 40 goal scoring 6 foot 5 center with a 200 foot game.

May 9, 2018
Matthews is like 5 years younger and already as good as him. Leaf haters will ruin this poll.

Why can't a vote????

Reactions: Voight

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Matthews is like 5 years younger and already as good as him. Leaf haters will ruin this poll.

Why can't a vote????
I think u need to have a certain amount of posts or wait a certain amount of time before u can vote after creating a new account

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I think Scheif is better now, but Matthews is still improving on some pretty impressive seasons. I'll take him.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Scheif is better now but he is entering his prime. Matthews is 21 with 40 goals and 34 goals in 62 games in his first two years. He is a 200 foot player, who dominates around the net with his smooth hands and 6 foot 5 230 frame. This is a guy who is going to put up 40+ goals a year for the next number of years.

No disrespect to Scheif, I think he is a tremendous player and him in the playoffs is just not fair. Winnipeg has done a fantastic job bringing that roster along and Chevy proved a lot of people wrong on this board. He deserves all the praise, and I hope he is not unfairly trash talked in this thread.

However let's not forget that Scheif was no where near as good as Matthews at this point. Matthews to start the year was DOMINANT. He played through injuries all year and was still quite good. Only black mark he has on his resume is one poor playoff after being really good last year.

So who would I rather have? The 21 year old 40 goal scoring 6 foot 5 center with a 200 foot game.

I'd pick Matthews as well but no need to exaggerate his size.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
leafs fan saying scheiffle. his steal of a deal is very important for the jets. matthews however will be the better player but he will command 8 figures

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

Why can't a vote????
because you are new here. you have to be here for a month in order to vote iirc

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Scheifele is better this season by a decent margin but chances are Matthews surpasses him within a year or two.

I do think Matthews 200 foot game is grossly exaggerated though.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
If Matthews signs for under 9 million per year then definitely Matthews.
If Matthews gets 10.5 then definitely Scheif.

I'm undecided who I'd go with in that in that 9ish range

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
They're pretty close now and I expect Matthews to be decently better in his prime. Plus he's younger. The only real question is contracts as Matthews will likely get 10+. But with the cap going up that will be pretty standard for franchise centers and I'd rather pay a little more to be guaranteed a guy in his prime for that much longer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->