Mark Owuya

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
he did get picked because he is extremely overrated. it has nothing to do with the video.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
:biglaugh: ... awesome videos.

I guess there is a goalie that's more gangster than Ray Emery :sarcasm:

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
ahhhwsome vids for sure...

He suck on the rap thing...

Thanks for the vids. I doesnt watch idol so never saw this. Hopefully he returns to the rink for practice.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Hockey's future on display at Draft Combine
Owuya was hanging out with a group of players in the lobby, waiting for another of those interviews, and trading jokes and mild insults with fellow Swedish goalie prospect Joel Gistedt, left-handed center Joakim Andersson, right-handed center Oscar Moller and off-wing right wing Mario Kempe. Moller and Kempe played this year in Canadian juniors, while Andersson and Owuya played Swedish juniors and Gistedt was one of only two 18-year-old goalies playing in the Swedish Elite League. Gistedt is the top-ranked European goalie.

After some razzing, Owuya took control.

"See for yourself, it's Mark in da Park on Youtube," Owuya laughed. "I sang it and got kicked off, didn't make it to the end, but they brought me back for another show as the host's 'wild card.' I rapped in two languages on live television, me and a bunch of chicks."

By this point, Andersson and Gistedt were using columns in the lobby to hold themselves up, they were laughing so hard.

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004

omg he's 18...not everyone is the same at 18...some play in the nhl some lik my math teacher finish 2 freakin degrees and a masters...some are repeating grade 12...some have dropped out of school...some are in Iraq... its like ppl don't grow up if they aren't a certain way by the time they are 18

alot of you think of them as men, whereas alot of them are still naive...very much so naive

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
You mean there are GMs who didn't want this on their team?

mark438.jpg

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
No, he might have a point. Mattias Modig is also born 87 and was drafted. I think it will happen again - next summer.

And Owuya wasn't the only 18 years old Swedish goalie that didn't get drafted this year who where ranked. Christian Engstrand is one such example (even though he was ranked lower then Owuya).... he was starter for his junior team with a 1.99 gaa and .926 sv%. Owuya was only back up (12 games) with a 1.83 gaa and .918 sv% for his team. Looks like solid numbers doesn't it? So why where Gistedt and Modig (not sure he was even ranked) drafted while guys like Owuya and Engstrand where not? Simple.... Gistedt and Modig where starter and split duty goalies respectively in the Swedish Elite League. They had senior experience.... they where tested. Owuya and Engstrand where playing in the junior league..... no one know for sure what they will be able to do when there are men on the other side if the ice. Expect them both to be drafted next year.... unless their careers take an unexpected turn.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
No, he might have a point. Mattias Modig is also born 87 and was drafted. I think it will happen again - next summer.

I would even say, he's right. It's safer to draft older goalies(players too) from Europe like Gistedt or Modig. They are more proven, and they likely will be ready to come to NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad