Mark Owuya

Vidic5*

Well who the heck wants a wannabe gangster rapping about that he is mark in da park in the net?

Agreed. Kudos to the GMs for not being pulled into the typical mainstream American version of sports entertainment. Where the product on the ice, court, or field comes second to each individual's antics. Keep this clown out of the NHL, period!

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Agreed. Kudos to the GMs for not being pulled into the typical mainstream American version of sports entertainment. Where the product on the ice, court, or field comes second to each individual's antics. Keep this clown out of the NHL, period!

Yeah, because appearing on a music television show and making a fool out of yourself is the worst thing anybody in this draft class has done. :shakehead

andre

Mar 5, 2007
He'll probably do a song about him not getting drafted... like his swedish idol bashing one.

Bryzga lol*

Ok.... does anyone have a realistic answer to why he wasn't drafted? ...wasn't he ranked as one of the top Euro goalies?

-"OMG MARK IN DA PARK! WHAT A STUPID RAPPING ****ER! DON'T DRAFT HIM!"

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I applaud the effort.........but that guy would get messed up BAD if he acted like that around some real bros' in inner city Chicago.

Anyways, along with Valach, Stich, etc., I have no idea why he wasn't drafted.

Weird draft.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Goalies from Europe aren't going to be drafted in their first year of eligibility that often anymore. Since there's only two years to sign players and goalies take longer to develop, you're more than likely to see them develop in Europe and be drafted or signed later. Joel Gistedt could have been drafted last season after an awesome year but waited until this year to be drafted.

And then there's the fact that some teams didn't like Owuya's lack of technique.;)

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Yeah, because appearing on a music television show and making a fool out of yourself is the worst thing anybody in this draft class has done. :shakehead

Watch all of his videos. This kid has made it abundantly clear that 1) His mind isn't with hockey and 2) he has horrible character.

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Goalies from Europe aren't going to be drafted in their first year of eligibility that often anymore. Since there's only two years to sign players and goalies take longer to develop, you're more than likely to see them develop in Europe and be drafted or signed later. Joel Gistedt could have been drafted last season after an awesome year but waited until this year to be drafted.

And then there's the fact that some teams didn't like Owuya's lack of technique.;)

So because Joel Gistedt got drafted a year late, your saying all euro goalies are drafted a year late? That is simply not true, Gistedt was a very, very special case.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Watch all of his videos. This kid has made it abundantly clear that 1) His mind isn't with hockey and 2) he has horrible character.

I'm quite familiar with Owuya. He's a kid acting stupid. He hasn't hurt anybody. He isn't Akim Aliu. I highly doubt his rap career had any effect on why he wasn't drafted. His technique is wretched. If I were a team with a good goaltending coach, I'd have taken a chance on him late because he is a superb athlete but it's not shocking that nobody bothered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad