Mark Madden just announced Pens deal done (later retracted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mark Madden is a bombast and the Howard Stern/Rush Limbaugh of sports talk radio in Pittsburgh, but still this deserves its own thread. I would love to put celebration smiles all over the place but what I am feeling now is just . . . finally, it is done.

Corban

Sep 25, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pa
What a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pens are here to stay :eek: :eek:

This has been the darkest cloud hanging over our heads and now...... ITS GONE! Whohoooooooo

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Done as in staying in Pitt I hope you mean. If so :handclap:

Yes, staying in Pittsburgh. I suspected that they would have loved to announce it during the Montreal game which is broadcast nationwide and sure enough it seems to be so. I have tickets for that game. My God, can you imagine the response when Mario comes on the Jumbotron between periods and announces that the Pens just signed a 30 year lease and are staying. The igloo is going to be rocking.

Transported Upstater

I swear to god, this better be true, or Madden deserves to be disembowled.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still not taking off my rollercoaster harness, but this certainly seems good. I'll be attending the game tomorrow and hope to hear something there.

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
I just hope he's not jumping the gun here... He's not the most reliable source in my mind.

I don't care when they announce that there's an arena deal, as long as there is one.

ETA:
I swear to god, this better be true, or Madden deserves to be disembowled.

I totally agree with this.

Transported Upstater

Yeah, I'm still not taking off my rollercoaster harness, but this certainly seems good. I'll be attending the game tomorrow and hope to hear something there.

That's why I didn't sticky the thread and celebrate yet...I'm wary of Madden.

I want this done nearly as much as any Pens fan, but after all the back-and-forth posturing for all this time, I would like a better confirmation.

Thanks Jaded, for mentioning this. IF true, IF true, it's the best hockey news I've heard since the end of the lockout.

Corban

Sep 25, 2006
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just hope he's not jumping the gun here... He's not the most reliable source in my mind.

I don't care when they announce that there's an arena deal, as long as there is one.

I agree, but with all the news that has come out this week, this was the icing on the cake. I have been very hesitant but this is a DONE DEAL!

:vhappy:

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Great, now hopefully HF can put these ceaseless, speculative and useless "where to" threads to rest.

Hope its true, I've said before that I don't have the same emotional investment as other Pens fans, but I hope it is done.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That's why I didn't sticky the thread and celebrate yet...I'm wary of Madden.

I want this done nearly as much as any Pens fan, but after all the back-and-forth posturing for all this time, I would like a better confirmation.

Thanks Jaded, for mentioning this. IF true, IF true, it's the best hockey news I've heard since the end of the lockout.

Every sports talk guy in Pittsburgh has been saying the same sort of thing of late so it is not just Madden. Savrin last night his sources had it 'very, very, very close' said by the end of the week. This morning Guy Junker said that they were not taking votes for any politicians as Jag Off of the Week because by the end of the week you will regret that vote. Then there is:

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_031155623.html

If just Madden I would agree but apparently the parties are leaking this to everyone like a sieve. It is true in my book.

spiny norman

Administrator
Apr 1, 2006
Winnipeg, MB
Yes, staying in Pittsburgh. I suspected that they would have loved to announce it during the Montreal game which is broadcast nationwide and sure enough it seems to be so. I have tickets for that game. My God, can you imagine the response when Mario comes on the Jumbotron between periods and announces that the Pens just signed a 30 year lease and are staying. The igloo is going to be rocking.

The day of the announcement will be a great day for all Pittsburgh Penguins' fans ... regardless of where they live.

I hope you're right, Jaded, I am so looking forward to watching tomorrow's game on TSN !!!

Clarence Beeks

May 4, 2006
In the Deep South
Every sports talk guy in Pittsburgh has been saying the same sort of thing of late so it is not just Madden. Savrin last night his sources had it 'very, very, very close' said by the end of the week. This morning Guy Junker said that they were not taking votes for any politicians as Jag Off of the Week because by the end of the week you will regret that vote. Then there is:

If just Madden I would agree but apparently the parties are leaking this to everyone like a sieve. It is true in my book.

Yep. I've heard these as well. Thanks for posting this Jaded. On the ball as usual! :yo:

Transported Upstater

I hope you're right. I'm just being overly cautious.

Any news on what time the Press Conference will be?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hope you're right. I'm just being overly cautious.

Any news on what time the Press Conference will be?

No, but as I had speculated before this if the Pens have any media savy at all and want to play this in a way to create maximum interest and maybe sell out the rest of their games, it will be announced between periods of the game tomorrow with a press conference after the game or on Friday. Will make all the friday morning news, with film of an arena going nuts. Those type of images would be played everywhere. It is speculation on my part, but makes sense to me.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Damn him, lock the thread, he just backtracked. Sorry guys, just reporting what I heard. Still think that it is soon, but you can not blame me for putting it up.

Transported Upstater

No, but as I had speculated before this if the Pens have any media savy at all and want to play this in a way to create maximum interest and maybe sell out the rest of their games, it will be announced between periods of the game tomorrow with a press conference after the game or on Friday. Will make all the friday morning news, with film of an arena going nuts. Those type of images would be played everywhere. It is speculation on my part, but makes sense to me.

That would be unbelievable. What an atmosphere that would create...

I don't think that will happen...but that would be [Cartman]Sweeeeetttttt[/Cartman].

Transported Upstater

Damn him, lock the thread, he just backtracked. Sorry guys, just reporting what I heard. Still think that it is soon, but you can not blame me for putting it up.

Are you serious?

He honestly did that?

Anyone else up for the disembowling? I know I have nckd on my side...anyone else?

Transported Upstater

OK, locked on the reason that Mark Madden needs to be disembowled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad