Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
hOHPmKb

Reactions: TychoFan

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Now that he's up it will take another 2 or 3 months until he actually takes Bennett's spot and they move Bennett to wing. Knowing this organization anyway.

Hoping they put Bennett on backlunds wing and move Tkachuk up or just out Bennett with Monahan and gaudreau.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well it should at least calm the masses if nothing else.

And the faster we realize this dud is a bum maybe we can move on to solutions that will actually help the team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

And the faster we realize this dud is a bum maybe we can move on to solutions that will actually help the team.

What, in particular, has you thinking that Mark Jankowski is a bum? I feel like that's a pretty indefensible position to take at this point. The most striking comparison right now, in terms of point production at the professional level (and age), is Jake Guentzel.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Excited to see this. Sucks to see Jagr hurt, but he can still be a mentor to this group as a scratch.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lazar/Ferland
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik
Tkachuk - Jankowski - Ferland/Lazar
Versteeg - Hamilton - Brouwer

That's what I'd like to see.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Nothing wrong with thinking he'll bust, but I'm curious as to why? What has he done (or not done) to make you think this?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Been a long time coming. Here's hoping he doesn't get sent down when Jagr comes back.

Think we're probably gonna roll

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lazar
3M
Jankowski-Bennett-Ferland
Versteeg-Stajan-Brouwer

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You could also explain why you think he is a bum

Throughout his whole career he has never performed at the level of what an NHL prospect should perform at.

In all his games in pre-season and regular season for the Flames he has never once looked impressive. In the games I saw in college he never once looked impressive. And it isn't just offensively he doesn't do much defensively or without the puck.

He is a guy with a lot of noise around him because of Feaster and because he has become a polarizing player. I get that many fans have now felt the need to defend him based on all the deserved criticism that he and the pick got but that has turned into him being wildly overrated and expectations way too high.

If he had been named John Smith and had the same career without being a former 1st round pick he would be figuring out what his post hockey career should be right now.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If he had been named John Smith and had the same career without being a former 1st round pick he would be figuring out what his post hockey career should be right now.
If he had been a low first round pick named John Smith who put up point-per-game numbers in the NCAA, he'd have been signed to an ELC just like he was now. The only reason he's looked at so negatively is because of the Feaster/Weisbrod hype early on. Otherwise he's honestly a pretty average late first round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad