Recalled/Assigned: Mark Jankowski Called Up - It's Happening! (Just not yet)

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Versteeg is a game time decision, left the practice early yesterday. Really difficult to say what the lines will be.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Back injuries are a different thing though. Even if you say you are 100% and the doctors have cleared you, you still might unconsciously play differently as you want to make sure you don't re-injure your back. Of course you can say that it's confidence issues in one way.

I don't disagree. But he looks fine at times which tells me it's mental not physical. Plus face offs with a hurt back are impossible and he's been dominant in the circle.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

The sad Part, out of those 7 kids, 2 belong to the Flames :laugh:

Congrats to Mark. I would have liked to see him just run with the AHL; but if he can make this jump successfully, that'd be great. I hated this pick, I'd love nothing more than him to make me eat about as much crow as possible :yo:

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I'd like to see....

Gaudreau-Monahan-Brouwer
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Hathaway
Ferland-Stajan-Versteeg

That's a solid line up!

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I don't disagree. But he looks fine at times which tells me it's mental not physical. Plus face offs with a hurt back are impossible and he's been dominant in the circle.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. His back might be ok, but the mental side comes up every know and then, and that results uneven play.

Pure speculation of course. But I've suffered chronic back pains periodically for the last 6 years or so, and that's pretty much how it's been for me. Everything goes well and no problems, then something reminds you that you should be careful with your back, and you start moving and acting differently.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'd like to see....

Gaudreau-Monahan-Brouwer
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Stajan-Versteeg

That's a solid line up!

With Gaudreau out I was thinking
Bennett-Monahan-Brouwer
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Shinkaruk-Jankowski-Versteeg
Ferland-Stajan-Hathaway

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd like to see....

Gaudreau-Monahan-Brouwer
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Stajan-Versteeg

That's a solid line up!

Pretty similar to what I'd like to see.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Brouwer
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Stajan
Ferland - Hamilton - Hathaway

Rotate Versteeg in with Ferland/Hathaway/Stajan as needed. I really like the idea of a Bennett - Jankowski - Stajan line.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
With Gaudreau out I was thinking
Bennett-Monahan-Brouwer
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Shinkaruk-Jankowski-Versteeg
Ferland-Stajan-Hathaway

I was talking for the rest of the season, I'd switch Ferland and Shinkaruk personally

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I was talking for the rest of the season, I'd switch Ferland and Shinkaruk personally

When Gaudreau comes back I'd probably drop Shinkaruk and put Bennett on the 3rd line. Ferland and Hathaway have played well together, wouldn't want to separate them.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Pretty similar to what I'd like to see.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Brouwer
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Stajan
Ferland - Hamilton - Hathaway

Rotate Versteeg in with Ferland/Hathaway/Stajan as needed. I really like the idea of a Bennett - Jankowski - Stajan line.

I like the idea of Bennett-Jankowski-Brouwer, a lot better! Now we just need to trade Stajan for a 1st line RW:sarcasm:

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
When Gaudreau comes back I'd probably drop Shinkaruk and put Bennett on the 3rd line. Ferland and Hathaway have played well together, wouldn't want to separate them.
Versteeg just isn't good enough to cover the mistakes that a very inexperienced line of Shinkaruk/Jankowski, would inevitably make.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't know why Shinkaruk's name is being bandied about. He played games recently and he's clearly not ready.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I don't know why Shinkaruk's name is being bandied about. He played games recently and he's clearly not ready.
We'll see how Shink plays tonight, if he has a good game I would consider giving Freddie a night off and re-uniting the Shink/Janko/Hathaway line from Stockton which has had alot of success this year because their games compliment each other so well. Janko is the two-way playmaking sype, Shink a sniper and Hathaway bangs

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Why did he get a call, is someone injured? Maybe we're finally trading Monahan for Saad

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Why did he get a call, is someone injured? Maybe we're finally trading Monahan for Saad
Versteeg left practice early yesterday. No word if it was his previous injury, something from the Brouwer collision or something else completely.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Flames website speculated that Shinkaruk plays if Versteeg is out, so I'd guess Jankowski will play anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->