Injury Report: Mark Giordano, torn bicep.UPDATE 3: Basically 100%

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Speculation last night that Gio could be back for the third round, should the Flames advance.

Was shown holding a stick in practice the other day, taking light shots and passes.

And stick-handling with both hands!

I think he'll return in this series. He was supposed to be out until what... August?

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
How big of a game changer would it be to get Gio back, guys?

Massive. I think of it as if Keith were down for the Hawks, and them getting him back at some point during ploffs. Gio is our captain, leader, and one of the best dmen in the entire league.. we'd be a completely different - and MUCH better - team with him back, even paired with Engy or Schlemmer.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How big of a game changer would it be to get Gio back, guys?
I'm actually a bit concerned to be honest. We will not be getting the same Gio back, if he is used how he was before it will hurt us more than help us. With it being a bicep I think he will be effective defensively and physically, but his shot will be a muffin, so using him as a 2way guy like we did all year could easily bite us in the ass.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
In fact I'm waiting for Diaz more, because I've understood that he's much closer. Would help a lot to have six defenders to play 10+ minutes without any concerns.

Of course Gio would be big, but only when 100% healthy, so because he's not close right now, I'm waiting for Diaz to return.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's weird that I'm pulling for Diaz to get back into the lineup most of all now.

Gio is still a few weeks to a month away... But we can't have Wother in for a couple minutes a night. Do not want an 04... We go deep but our defense is pretty much taped together with Popsicle sticks and duct tape.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's weird that I'm pulling for Diaz to get back into the lineup most of all now.

Gio is still a few weeks to a month away... But we can't have Wother in for a couple minutes a night. Do not want an 04... We go deep but our defense is pretty much taped together with Popsicle sticks and duct tape.

Wideman, Russell, and Hiller will be our MVP's this series.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

We have some good pieces expected back if we go deep though. :yo: The boys are building an awesome stage for Gio's return.

Diaz, Byron and Bouma would be nice to have back too.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm actually a bit concerned to be honest. We will not be getting the same Gio back, if he is used how he was before it will hurt us more than help us. With it being a bicep I think he will be effective defensively and physically, but his shot will be a muffin, so using him as a 2way guy like we did all year could easily bite us in the ass.

I feel like a 60%/70% Giordano would be much more useful than Wotherspoon.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Wotherspoon is still so raw, it would be best for him to just get the press-box level. However, I do think he should start the next NHL season in Calgary and then make him split time in Stockton/Calgary for the second half.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Where is Mike Commodore when you need him?

Though on that note I'm surprised they haven't given Sieloff a look yet to replace Gio, the last time I saw him he looked like a good fit as a 6-7 guy at the time.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011

Though on that note I'm surprised they haven't given Sieloff a look yet to replace Gio, the last time I saw him he looked like a good fit as a 6-7 guy at the time.

Commodore was tailgaiting before game 6! It was awesome! :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Sieloff? He has no NHL games and less than a full season of pro hockey over the last 2 years because of injury.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Sieloff? He has no NHL games and less than a full season of pro hockey over the last 2 years because of injury.

Looked fine in pre-season.

Just thinking that in a 6-7 role we could use someone with physical tools more so than a puck mover especially if both are not yet ready to log big minutes.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Looked fine in pre-season.

Just thinking that in a 6-7 role we could use someone with physical tools more so than a puck mover especially if both are not yet ready to log big minutes.
Pre-season last year. His development really took a hit over the past couple years, he is not close to being NHL ready. Ramage is a better option than Sieloff right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad