B-Sens Mark Borowiecki named New Captain

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Benoit has been gone forever, yet I cant think of whos been the interim captain and I watch about half the games.

What took so friggin long?

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Woot! Congratz! It's funny I was looking through my year book the other day and just realized he was in the grade below me all through high school. Awesome to see a local guy doing so well for the organization, and I hope he is able to lead the Binghamton Senators on a long playoff run.

Stassino

Oct 15, 2007
Ottawa, On
I listened to Luke speak on the drive I think it is (4-6?) Team 1200, anyways he said Mark is a generational captain, he hasn't seen leadership like Mark provides in a long long time..

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I listened to Luke speak on the drive I think it is (4-6?) Team 1200, anyways he said Mark is a generational captain, he hasn't seen leadership like Mark provides in a long long time..

Wow, impressive! I guess it fits with the guy who was a shoe in for hardest worker at development camp.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Now if he could just develop some puck skills. Like go stick handle a golf ball in the garage or something haha.

Stassino

Oct 15, 2007
Ottawa, On
Proof that he'll be there for the long run :sarcasm:

Like every coach will tell you "Posotional play and defense ban be taught, the other intangibles not so much"

I think he'll be a lifer 4-6 D-man, but with variables not many other players can/could provide..

Look for a long NHL career... Hardest players to develop are d-men...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Woot! Congratz! It's funny I was looking through my year book the other day and just realized he was in the grade below me all through high school. Awesome to see a local guy doing so well for the organization, and I hope he is able to lead the Binghamton Senators on a long playoff run.

When we drafted ceci, I looked in my gr 12 yearbook. He was in grade 7. He looked like a tiny dorky kid haha. Yet here he is, one of our best prospects.

Uncle Eugene

Buckle Up.
Mar 19, 2010
Barbados
Like every coach will tell you "Posotional play and defense ban be taught, the other intangibles not so much"

I think he'll be a lifer 4-6 D-man, but with variables not many other players can/could provide..

Look for a long NHL career... Hardest players to develop are d-men...

He's got a hell of a role model in Luke Richardson. If he turns into a Luke Richardson for the next 10 years we should be ecstatic.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
It has been referred to as the kiss of death for NHL advancement, but obviously that's not always the case.

Congrats, Borocop!

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
It has been referred to as the kiss of death for NHL advancement, but obviously that's not always the case.

Congrats, Borocop!

That's the first thing I thought, not likely to name him captain if you think he's moving up anytime soon

Not necessarily the case, of course, and it sounds like he's earned it well

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot

Congrats, Borocop!

I guess there're exceptions but it seems to me that AHL captains tend to be career minor leaguers and not highly regarded prospects. I bet even Borowiecki is torn over this "houour".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->