Mario RPG help.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I never thought I'd be asking for help on a Mario game but here we are.

and no, it's not the 3D maze although that was also a pain in the ass, "hey let's make a maze where you can't see shit."

"good idea"

No it's not.

But it's not the 3D Maze.

It's the Beanstalk specifically where you have to jump from the red beanstalk, to the yellow, to green to the blue and then you climb out, I suspect it's the end of the level.

I have been trying to make this jump for days, but no matter what I do Mario will NOT grab the green beanstalk he just won't.

I am legitimately starting to believe it is impossible because I've tried every angle I think of, it's not a big platform I don't really have room to move so a running start isn't an option.

Is there a double jump ability I'm missing or something?

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
I never thought I'd be asking for help on a Mario game but here we are.

and no, it's not the 3D maze although that was also a pain in the ass, "hey let's make a maze where you can't see shit."

"good idea"

No it's not.

But it's not the 3D Maze.

It's the Beanstalk specifically where you have to jump from the red beanstalk, to the yellow, to green to the blue and then you climb out, I suspect it's the end of the level.

I have been trying to make this jump for days, but no matter what I do Mario will NOT grab the green beanstalk he just won't.

I am legitimately starting to believe it is impossible because I've tried every angle I think of, it's not a big platform I don't really have room to move so a running start isn't an option.

Is there a double jump ability I'm missing or something?

It’s tricky but not impossible.

Sometimes you have to hold down and left (diagonal) to grab them. Other times it looks deceiving and you just have to hold left while you jump. Make sure you release all buttons once you grab on so you don’t let go and fall down.

Use the shadows below to help you gauge the angle.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It’s tricky but not impossible.

Sometimes you have to hold down and left (diagonal) to grab them. Other times it looks deceiving and you just have to hold left while you jump. Make sure you release all buttons once you grab on so you don’t let go and fall down.

Use the shadows below to help you gauge the angle.

Man once you gave me that tip about the shadows I got it within 5 minutes.

Thanks bro,that jump was legitimately pissing me off

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Yea, the angle makes some jumps tricky but luckily there's only a few of them that you need to do to advance the game, others are for getting hidden chests.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Great game but the platforming in the game is touchy sometimes. That’s probably the worst of it for the rest of the game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yea, the angle makes some jumps tricky but luckily there's only a few of them that you need to do to advance the game, others are for getting hidden chests.
That damn jumping and climbing section in nimbus land to get the lazy shell gear sucked and still sucks over 25 years later.

Reactions: Jovavic

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well I finished it, overall it was very good, but never again.

I'm not doing the 3D maze or the beanstalk jumping EVER again.

The bird tower in link's awakening

The Black throne in Darksiders.

The final temple in skyward sword

And the combination of the 3D maze and the beanstalk jumping in Mario RPG

These are the things I will NEVER do again because they are so annoying.

Although now that I know about the shadows the beanstalk jumping might not be so bad.

Still though the 3D maze also exists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad